Pioneer vs Alpine

drgthang
10+ year member

Ok Im a car stereo junkie all of a sudden, doin my research. Just got a new ride and want a good stereo in place of the Sony MP3 cd player Im gonna sell off..Here's the deal:

Pioneer DEH-7700MP, looks stylish and I hear Pioneer is neck and neck for sound with Alpine. I read that this model can control TV or DVD is that true and what does that mean?

Alpine CDA 9851 or 9853 I've looked heavily at these as well because I hear Alpine is top notch sound and these let you control an IPOD (which I dont have but may get). Also I see it lets u adjust a set of subs from the deck.

Can some people direct me towards a deck (either those above or comparable 1) I should get for my new ride that is both stylish but sounds good? I dont need it to be an all out graphics display but would like something cool lookin that sounds good...Thanks, MC

im gonna go with the 9853 out of all those. altho they all have crap preout voltages which is blah. the tv/dvd control means if u install a dvd player/tv tuner, u connect those to the head unit and u can control it from the head unit. the alpine is supposedly more user friendly with the ipods, but theyre still compatible with pioneers.

alpine 9833 is $300 at crutchfield.com

its similiar to the 9855 but $150 cheaper. the 9833 it was last years model. it doesnt have that glide touch thing.

i just bought this yesterday. i also bought the kca420i IPOD adapter for $100

use this referral code and save $20.00

p4k97-i0xjc-rj48x

Thanks guys. JAZN, I see you have the Premier 860, any reasons u would suggest or not suggest it? What are it's best features? Also, why are people so high on the Alpine 9833 over the 9851 or 9853, arent the latter 2 more up to date models?

Finally, will the Alpines be able to integrate into any sort of mobile video/TV tuner/DVD system pretty well? thanks again..MC

Thanks guys. JAZN, I see you have the Premier 860, any reasons u would suggest or not suggest it? What are it's best features? Also, why are people so high on the Alpine 9833 over the 9851 or 9853, arent the latter 2 more up to date models?
i would suggest the premier 860 if u know wth ur doing. it has a lot of features but if u dont know how to use em, ur just wasting ur money and ur gonna get totally confused. people recommend the 9833 over the newer models because its cheaper yet still has just about the same(even some better) features than the newer stuff. seems like alpine is cutting costs this year, so i would recommend the 9833 (unless of course u want that cool touchslide strip on the 9853). newer models are also supposedly more ipod friendly.

I see what you mean about the Pioneer. Im not dumb when it comes to technology but at the same time Im not into tinkering with each little numerical value for this or that to make the sound perfect, so the Pioneer might confuse me. What features are you saying the Alpine 9833 has that the newer ones dont? Also I see the Alpine 9833 has something called "Mobile Hub ready"? What does this mean? Also it has a "Blackout display"? Im new to the terms..Thanks!

What features are you saying the Alpine 9833 has that the newer ones dont? Also I see the Alpine 9833 has something called "Mobile Hub ready"? What does this mean? Also it has a "Blackout display"? Im new to the terms..Thanks!
the 9833 has 4v preouts, a stronger internal amp(only important if ur gonna use it), umm not sure what else. im not really familiar with the 9853. mobile hub has to do with ur cell phone i think. blackout means u can turn the display off (altho the head unit is still running), which would provide a touch more voltage to spare.

Ok thanks for clarifying the terms. How tough is it to integrate DVD/TV in with the 9833? I have a new Accord, it has a spot for a monitor below the climate controls..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.