DEH-P8MP or DEH-P860MP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alpine2005
10+ year member

CARROZZERIA
CA
i just bought the pioneer deh-p860mp hu and it does sound clean. it does have bass and treble Cut-off Frequencies controls and only has two sets of loudess, on or off.

my older hu, a kenwood sounded cleaner and also my brothers older pioneer deh-p740mp hu sounds cleaner.

Should i return it and get the deh-p8mp hu?

or could anyony help me set up the 13band EQ, BBE, BMX and other adjustments so it could sound clean.

I have the same one and the same prob as you it sounds clean but not perfect. I had a panasonic that had amazing Sq and was easy to use. I think this is all in fine tuning are you using the mic to tune everything?

the 8mp is a lower line than the 860. u probably just need to work on ur settings and itll sound better. did u try auto-eq'ing it? im not exactly happy with the auto-eq but its a start. i have my BBE on at zero. i left the BMX off cuz its only for mp3's that are compressed a bit. turn loudness off and reset ur gains correctly. u should set the sub lpf at the point where the bass sounds like its still coming from the front. for the eq, if ur not happy with the auto-eq, play a song ur really familiar with. adjust each band of the eq until it sounds rite.

Yeah just tune it some more... Dont ya remember your stereo didnt sound that great with your 740mp right out of the box? lol I remember I had to tune mine for a week to get it perfect. I use to have teh 740mp and now I have the 960... Nothing wrong with them, just more tuning involved than your previous decks

i tryed the auto-eq'ing it, BBE to zero and the BMX off and turn off the loudness and still it sounds bad.

to me these hu sound bad because they don't have the treble Cut-off Frequencies controls. like the lower model pioneer hu's.

i remember my bro's deh-p740mp deck, had the treble set high and it sounded like my deck. but now he has it set lower and now it sounds great.

Tomorrow i'm going to connect my speakers to a amp to see how they sound.

I am running fact speakers off my hu right now, and I have most of the settings all the way down and when I listen I keep it around 16-25 and it sounds pretty good. And it is loud but I know it can get louder but once I start going up it starts to distort so I am waiting for a day to really sit down read the book and figure this thing out but I cant use the mic because of one blown speaker and I am getting my after market ones soon I believe this week.

do u have a 4 channel or 2 2channel amps for biamping? u can have total control over ur tweets if u do that and use pro mode. sorry ur not having luck with it, i do admit its a relatively complicated deck to use and im not too big a fan of the graphic eq.

I am running fact speakers off my hu right now, and I have most of the settings all the way down and when I listen I keep it around 16-25 and it sounds pretty good. And it is loud but I know it can get louder but once I start going up it starts to distort so I am waiting for a day to really sit down read the book and figure this thing out but I cant use the mic because of one blown speaker and I am getting my after market ones soon I believe this week.
u could either be clipping the HU or ur factory speakers cant handle the power. aftermarket speakers may sound better, but definitely should with an external amp.

i love mine, after using mine for a while, i wouldn't recommend auto eq to anyone, i tried it on mine and i can eq by ear much better, i also don't think loudness is a bad thing

i also suggest using pro mode if you can bi amp your front stage, i love my pro mode

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Alpine2005

10+ year member
CARROZZERIA
Alpine2005
CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date