Pioneer Sub Level

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Where to put it? Leave it at zero and adjust gain or max it out and adjust gain?

The lower bands on the eq are lowered heavily to save the interior speakers resulting in the gain on the sub amp needing to be raised higher. In the end I think any adjustments will have the same effect, lowering one and raising the other will have the same outcome. All artificial boost and bass eq's have been, and will forever be unused.

Typically you set the gains at 0db and adjust the sub level yo match the output of the music since some music is quieter than others, but in doing this you have to be careful not to overdrive the amp and clip the subs

Where to put it? Leave it at zero and adjust gain or max it out and adjust gain?

The lower bands on the eq are lowered heavily to save the interior speakers resulting in the gain on the sub amp needing to be raised higher. In the end I think any adjustments will have the same effect, lowering one and raising the other will have the same outcome. All artificial boost and bass eq's have been, and will forever be unused.
yeah don't go to high on amp gain.. does that hu have xovers for speakers? if so set hp xover at 80-100hz speakers will be protected but don't boost the low freqs on eq anyway, as far as speaker gain if u have gain for each speaker i'd leave them flat or lower rears a little (so fronts are louder of course can do that with fader too) as far as sub volume on hu i leave mine at +1 and when i play rock i go to +3 but i have my amp gain set for that.. if u have remote amp knob for sub use that to raise or lower level on each song (i keep mine in my lap)

you dont need to lower the EQ bands to protect speakers from playing to low... You use a high pass filter for that dude..... Wrong tools for the wrong job.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.