pioneer or alpine

Originally posted by naturalman alpine is not as good as it used to be. people buy it because of the name, but alpine makes a trashy head unit. the speakers are great but not the hu.
Not really people buy it because it is a good deck it has alot more power than most of the new pioneer's or eclipse's.

I still have an old PIO, it's like 10 years old or something, but still fully operational! Last year bought a Panasonic cd player and now I'm selling it - looking for a Pioneer again! Best value for price, I believe. As to the Alpine - well, I was a bit disappointed: I almost bought their speakers but when I listened to them - oh gosh, they were SO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif lousy! But surely, It's a great brand anyway! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

first of all, the alpine speaers are incredible, if your looking at the right ones lol the type r's cant be touched as far as affordable comps go...

i loved em...

also the new alpines, audiolife put out much more than taht...

i read something and there was a post recently dealing with this but many of the new ones have onbaord hybrid v-drive amplifiers putting out 60x4 RMS watts...

60 x 4 rms? funny newest review i seen gave it a 27 watts at 1% tdh which isnt even 1 db louder than a sony or a pioneer... double power = +3db 1db can be heard with really good hearing..........it would take a far larger fuse and wiring to get 60x4 rms so even if it could 16 ga wiring from a 15 amp auto fuse would surely die...(those are typical in 95% of most cars some go with 10 amp fuses and some 20 but also realize that controls the actual cd player as well) and even a 50x2 amp would get a 10-8 ga wire....... just food for thought

20 * 12 = 240 watts now if everything was 100% eff and didnt take power to run the cd player you might actually have an arguement but since nothingis 100% eff and again the wiring needed for that power.... they would break alot of universal safety standards using 16 ga wire. carsound.com did a review as well the 3 v output was acctually 2.3 volt useful and 27 watts rms @ 1%thd

Alpine decks sound much cleaner than pioneer. I would rather listen to the radio on an alpine head unit than a cd in a pioneer. I came across one of those pioneer decks with the 3d animation screen I think it was like 429.99 in the store. It sounded awfull so I sold it for 80 bucks. If you want somthing that looks cool and is cheap than get a pioneer. If you want high quality sound stick with alpine.

Who cares how many watts a head unit puts out, your not going to hook your speakers up to it anyway, right? Just make sure it has at least 2 sets of rca outs.

head unit.........................Alpine cda-7977

front speakers ...............6.5 kappa components

subs.................................2 JL 12w6

sub amp..........................soundstream ref 500

front speaker amp.........alpine mrv-757

i will bet money on the same set up just a-b switchin between the two you couldnt tell the difference.. just like wire just like amps...list could go on all day.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.