1990 Mercedes Benz Stereo Hook Up.... Tips

Participant count
  • Participant list

b1utigg3r2
10+ year member

I've hooked up my benz with a sound system not long ago, and hardwiring a Mercedes Benz is not so easy. I don't want other's to be in my situation or intimidated in installing a head unit... These are simple wires I've figured out, I hope this works for everyone! I had a Becker 1480 in my 1990 Mercedes Benz 350SDL... This is the color codes:

Red, Blue, Yellow and White (all on one plug): Speaker inputs to the factory amplifier

Brown, Black, Grey, and Red (all on one plug): Brown=Ground, Black=Ignition, Grey=Illumination, and Red=Power 12v.

Two black wires branched out with a connector to a blue wire: 2 Black Wires=Amplifier Turn-Ons, and Blue Wire connected to it=Antenna Power...

That's the basic needs of installing a headunit in to a Mercedes w126. If you have any questions, e-mail me... I hope this helps out people that has a Benz and are really in to adding an aftermarket stereo...

hey dumb **** there are such things as reversewiring harness, if they are mad for a freakin 1985 Oldsmobile Firenza then im sure they are made for you 1990 Benz. Hard wiring your car not only poses shorting problems, and loose connections, but believe it or not it decreases the value of the car, if when you take it in to trade it in then they see the none existant factory head unit they automatically tink HardWiring. so go to a car audio store and Buy the **** hiring harness for it, Dumbshit.

Think your name should be just freak, or ANNOYING FREAK

Mercedes is bound to jump ISO standards, they never lived up to it and they never will...

I wired a slk300 recently with only a kenwood HU on 4 speakers with an automatic antenna as option, his color scemes (cant recall 100%) matches the ones I used at that time and they where far from standard

I didnt have to break the original wiring tho, I went to the benz dealer and asked what was up with it and he explained that they do have normal wiring and color codes but there's a "special" conversion made to fit the benz electronics better, i got a simple connecter looking thing which went on the plug which was sealed in the back of the dashboard on the left side at the slot above the HU's place, from there i putted on the connecter which gave me normal wiring for audio and accesoires.

Wether you where right or not, you made an statement in which you did not only insult him but also putted down information which where not fact but only your guessings

so stfu !

RFFreak4Life, you have nothing better to do huh? Why are you patronizing people behind your computer? Are you a scared little boy? If you want something to do, go play with your @$$hole.... This forum post was to help others, not for dumb@$$es like you to come and talk your bull$hiet... I'll remember to tell people not to help your sorry @$$~!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.