Pioneer network mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snake Driver

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hawaii
Hello all, first time poster here. So I am looking at replacing my head unit with a new Android Auto version. And the new ones have a network mode for splitting amp channels into mids/highs/sub vice front/rear/sub. I was thinking about doing this, but does that mean I can't use the deck power to drive my rears? The reason I'm asking is that the manual says the fader doesn't work when network mode is selected. I would like the added control for sound quality for daily driving, but my daughter likes sound to come out the back doors when she's there. Seems kinda silly that they won't work at all if I can use the deck to drive my rear coax speakers. The model I'm looking at is the DMH-C2500NEX. I know I could get a DSP, but I don't have $900 or so to drop on an 8 channel DSP, an extra amp to drive the rears and new power wire for the added current that would draw.

Current setup is 5 channel amp driving front components via passive crossover and a sub. The rears are powered by the deck. I was hoping to get the other two amp channels into play when replace the head. The 5 channel amp was installed after a 4 channel **** the bed. I had two to the front and two bridged to the sub. When I replaced it, I never got around to hooking up the other two channels.

The difference of going network and proper equalization should improve your sound to the extent that the listener in your rear seat wont really know. Since yoU have a Comp set ditch the passives, put the tweeters on channel 1/2 and your midbass drivers on 3/4

So then my understanding is correct? There is no way to separate mids and highs for the front door and still have rear speakers? I paid hard earned money for those things! :(

Thing is, I don't blast my music. Especially when the wife and daughter are in the car, so she can hear it better when it comes from the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.