Pioneer HU issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

CL1CKCLACK
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Boss
so i just bought a DEH-P980BT used from someone on DIYMA. well to make a long story short i have it all wired up, crimped and electrical tape, and the harness is very touchy. like if you barely touch it the headunit will restart, of it i can manage to get it into the dash without turning off if i hit a bump itll turn off again. if this an issue with the headunit? or do you think i can just buy another harness from pioneer???

Check the ribbon in the face plate and clean the contacts on the face plate and the HU. Mine did the same thing. I cleaned the contacts with an alcohol wipe and it worked flawlessly after wards.

Check the ribbon in the face plate and clean the contacts on the face plate and the HU. Mine did the same thing. I cleaned the contacts with an alcohol wipe and it worked flawlessly after wards.
Gonna try doing that, as well as cleaning the back harness with alcohol. thanks

alright tried that, and the problem still occurs. i am thinking it is either a loose harness or the pin that connects to the power wire is pushed it. All the pins are even except for the power pin, which is about half as short as the rest of them. does anyone have a spare Pioneer headunit that can either take a look at the pins on the back or take a close up pic to see if it is supposed to be like that?

thanks

Well D*mn if I would have read this last night I would have checked when I pulled my Pioneer out today... I can let you know something tommorow on it though (at work and unit is home)... Ehh
thanks man, lemme know asap if you could. do you have any other sugguestionss of things i could try? have u had any issues with yours?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.