pioneer headeunit wireless remote with a dedicated subwoofer volume control ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I doubt it. I think there's a simple answer if:
Are you trying to control the subwoofer independently from inside of the vehicle, then there are other options. Or
Are you trying to control the sub from outside of the vehicle?

Yes, I'd like to control the subwoofer volume from inside the vehicle while driving, and I don't like to use the bass boost knob of the amp, as it's not a volume control, it's a 50hz control,

So I wonder why there is no dedicated key on the wireless remote for subwoofer volume.

Here is what I did:
durango cupholder installed..jpg

Amazon product ASIN B003FPD3ISThese control signal voltage.

I'm using two of those. Both are inline on the RCAs, head unit to this and then out to amps. One has my subwoofer amp, and the other is to the components. I can turn the head unit on as loud as I want, and then independently control the subwoofer and the components. I really enjoy this option. I find it best to turn the components to about 80% and the subs on full. I can turn the components off and have subs full if I want, or vice versa. I mounted them so my leg hides them while driving, but easily accessible, and discreet.

So I'm sending full voltage/max volume from the head unit, then dialing it down as much as I want to either one.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply, your solution is great, however I'm really wondering why there is no dedicated button or even a quick access on the headunit itself, so I thought may there is but I don't know about. It would be more simple than adding cables and switches that might add noise.

Thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...