Pioneer Head Unit Swap

Participant count
  • Participant list

Digitalman1961

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello All,

I currently have a Pioneer AppRadio 3 in my 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 SLT. The truck originally came with the Factory Bose system. I had the AppRadio installed about 6 years ago. I had the steering wheel controls installed with the Pioneer Head Unit. I would like to upgrade my head unit to the Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX. I would like to do the swap myself. Would it be as easy as unplugging the AppRadio 3 and plugging in the AVH-W4500NEX? In another words, would the plugs be the same? Would my steering wheel control harness that was installed with the AppRadio 3 work on the new head unit?

As a side note, I do not have the rear entertainment system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.