pioneer gmd8604 vs jbl gtr 104 vs inf. kappa k4 vs r.f t400x4ad

Participant count
  • Participant list

ccrider

ny
Hi all. Been out of the game for a while. Im a big kappa fan so ill be powering 6.5" 62 ix and kappa 93ix 6x9's. Not a huge bass fan. 75watts rms 6.5's / 110 rms on 6x9's. Looking for suggestions on an amp 9possibly one from above subject line). BTW i havent completely decided on a head unit. Im thinking either a pioneer dehx8800 or deh 80bprs. I know the 80bprs is built better but, i liked the hd radio on the 8800. So, suggestions on that would be nice too. thanks.

Of the two you mentioned I would go with the GTR, However keep in mind those Kappas are 2.5 ohm, not 4 ohm, so your going to have overkill on power with the GTR

Why not check out the Infinity Ref704a? It's rated conservatively at 70x4 @ 4ohms, and at your ohm load I expect it to deliver around that 110W range your looking for.

I have one I was about to film for true output on my YouTube channel, and if you decide you want to go in that direction I would sell it for what I have into it. ($90+ shipping) and its a brand new in box amp (that will have its true wattage tested).

Hi all. Been out of the game for a while. Im a big kappa fan so ill be powering 6.5" 62 ix and kappa 93ix 6x9's. Not a huge bass fan. 75watts rms 6.5's / 110 rms on 6x9's. Looking for suggestions on an amp 9possibly one from above subject line). BTW i havent completely decided on a head unit. Im thinking either a pioneer dehx8800 or deh 80bprs. I know the 80bprs is built better but, i liked the hd radio on the 8800. So, suggestions on that would be nice too. thanks.
yeah i'd go with bigblanks deal., u will know what amp tested at and probably a little cleaner amp than the pioneer..

Yeah. I know they're 2 ohm. But I have my heart set on kappas. I had around 6" front and 6x9 rear in an old grand caravan with a r.f. punch 450 amp and that thing rocked! To my ears it did anyway. Sounded like it had subs to me. But, everybody has different ears. I guess stick to what you know is good since you can't hear everything. I used to be more into it when i was younger. I went to buy home speakers and checked out a bunch. Ended up buying some $1800 paradigms. To me they sounded much better than some $5k focals! Not that I would have paid that much. Don't they make amps that have different power output for front and rear? That would avoid needing multi amps. Which amp are you selling the reference or the gtr. Hopefully I'll learn a little hanging around. I can install equipment. Just not sure what good setups are

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

What's the you tube channel

Oh I'm not saying it's bad they are 2ohms... All I was saying is you don't need to go with a K4 or GTR as the power will be more than those speakers can handle... Which is why I recommend something in the class of the Ref704a... Plenty of amps in that range if you don't want to go that route

I know you're not saying that. Someone else told me the reference would be a good amp for the 4 speakers. I have to see if I can get them to fit first. Sometimes it's a minor modification like a spacer. If not, I'll b looking for new speakers. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.