Pioneer DEH-80PRS

The people have been asking for years and Pioneer finally listens.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Looks like it has awesome specs!

"Burr-Brown® 24-bit D/A Converters: Three Burr-Brown digital to analog converters are used - one each for the high, mid, and low frequency ranges - providing exceptional linear sound reproduction with wide dynamic range and faithful reproduction of the original source"

That's funny, I was just told that you can't tell a difference between D/A converters but Pioneer seems to think we need one for each range..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just wish A manufactuer would make a double dine that didnt have nav

just the 13 band eq / time alignment / 3 way active function

Im eyeing a Kenwood 9980 but I hardly use the nav

Now this sounds like it could be a great HU. Looks like it even has hi amp usb ports which puts out 1 amp. I was going to purchase a Kenwood x995 but now I think I will hold off until some reviews come out for this.

Now this sounds like it could be a great HU. Looks like it even has hi amp usb ports which puts out 1 amp. I was going to purchase a Kenwood x995 but now I think I will hold off until some reviews come out for this.
i feel the same it actually looks like it will be worth there retail price also. but i have always been a fan of the pioneer hus.

Based on specs, this seems like a fantastic stereo for a simple 2.1 install with 2-way active front stage. Why didn't they sell something like this a year ago? I bought a Kenwood x994 back then. The Kenwood has nice features for the money, but it's far from audiophile grade..

Right now I am on the fence between buying this Pioneer vs JBL MS-8. The DEH-80PRS would not let me have surround sound, but it will sure cost a lot less and requires no additional space to be found for its install.

Im also curious why they don't make a double din without nav and instead make it active with ta. I enjoy having a larger screen to navigate through my music but if it isn't up to par with the systems potential its a waste

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blazeplacid

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
blazeplacid
DFW texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date