Pioneer DEH-80PRS

i understand what you getting at better,

my mvhp8200 i felt like the joy stick would break anyminute, and their finishes scratch so easily.

now i have the avh3200bt, and theirs no knobs, just button and touch screen, but their glossy black shows flaws so easily.

the kenwoods knobs have always felt so good, alpines as well.

This'll hit retailers in March/April.
Ill try and check one out...

If they made a nice touch screen with active features Id be all over it though...

i understand what you getting at better,my mvhp8200 i felt like the joy stick would break anyminute, and their finishes scratch so easily.

now i have the avh3200bt, and theirs no knobs, just button and touch screen, but their glossy black shows flaws so easily.

the kenwoods knobs have always felt so good, alpines as well.
Exactly what I think too... I loves my Kenwood it felt sturdy

It'll be a great unit and it will sell well at that price point, IMO. I think we'll see it for around $299.
That's a steal. I still miss my 880PRS (besides the slow volume).. I've gone from 880 to 9887 now to Eclipse 7200.. 880 was definitely on par with both units and I may have even liked it more.

I can say that for that price, you're not gonna find a better deck new in the box. It competes with the old 880s at a fraction of the cost. Like mentioned above, it will not cost 400. Ill be grabbing one, though It doesnt look like it has IP bus so no XM? thats a huge bummer

That's a steal. I still miss my 880PRS (besides the slow volume).. I've gone from 880 to 9887 now to Eclipse 7200.. 880 was definitely on par with both units and I may have even liked it more.
I agree, I liked my 880 WAY better but wanted a few other things in my HU, and they added all of those things in this unit, USB x 2! BT, so I'm set!

I can say that for that price, you're not gonna find a better deck new in the box. It competes with the old 880s at a fraction of the cost. Like mentioned above, it will not cost 400. Ill be grabbing one, though It doesnt look like it has IP bus so no XM? thats a huge bummer
Yup, I guess partly because it's really unnecessary these days especially with app streaming.

I agree, I liked my 880 WAY better but wanted a few other things in my HU, and they added all of those things in this unit, USB x 2! BT, so I'm set!
USB may be a selling point for me. I may end up putting the 7200 in my Honda and rockin' one of these in the Yota. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

Next thing they need to do: Android integration.

USB may be a selling point for me. I may end up putting the 7200 in my Honda and rockin' one of these in the Yota. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif
Next thing they need to do: Android integration.
Although it won't interface perfectly with the android, it should be able to read the memory from it as flash memory and play any music files you have on it, it probably won't stream through the app, but should also allow BT streaming in lieu of that.

With my last two kenwood units, BT sounded like **** and balls. I still really like my XM. Some decks are doing android integration now, but **** I dont want to buy an iPhone to stream Pandora to my radio. Screw that. If they really want to get rid of **** that wastes space in a deck, ditch the tuner. I dont want to listen to 30 minutes of poor quality ads and ****** pop music. Thats why I pay for xm and have usb drives/ipod.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blazeplacid

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
blazeplacid
DFW texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date