Pioneer DEH-80PRS

imo the only problems I had with my 880s were that they didn't have direct usb connects, the usb/ipod interface was garbage/slow. I really don't put much stock in the looks of the deck. The Pioneers with burr brown just sound way too good. At first I thought they sounded too mellow, but the more you listen the more you realize they don't fatigue your ears at loud levels. Not to mention these are 3 way + sub now. Should be pretty awesome. Can't wait to see some vids of it, but I'll probably buy it the minute it drops.

imo the only problems I had with my 880s were that they didn't have direct usb connects, the usb/ipod interface was garbage/slow. I really don't put much stock in the looks of the deck. The Pioneers with burr brown just sound way too good. At first I thought they sounded too mellow, but the more you listen the more you realize they don't fatigue your ears at loud levels. Not to mention these are 3 way + sub now. Should be pretty awesome. Can't wait to see some vids of it, but I'll probably buy it the minute it drops.
It's not 3-way + sub, it's 2-way + sub, same as it was.

I didnt mind the ipod interface for the 800/880. there was a little delay but still very useable. I tried the btb200 bluetooth module on my 800 and it is horrible. None of the functions in the menu are labeled. Play is listed as function 1, pause is func 2 and so on and never would reconnect. too bad this doesnt have the copper chassis like the 800s but looks very nice.

why is there 2 prices, according to Pioneer press release on their site the price of it is $350

For pre-orders.
DEH-80PRSThe DEH-80PRS CD receiver offers many of the most popular convenience and connectivity features such as Customizable Illumination; Dual USB ports for iPhone, iPod and other USB devices; Built-in Bluetooth; large 3-line LCD display; Flip-down face and more. From a pure performance perspective, the DEH-80PRS utilizes audiophile grade design and components throughout its design and features:

* Independent left and right 16-band digital equalization, providing up to 12 dB of boost or cut, allowing pin-point adjustment within the audible frequency range.

* Digital crossover network for the three sets of 5-Volt RCA outputs. The crossover network can be configured as a front stage only (3-way), providing high-pass, band-pass midrange and low-pass subwoofer frequency filtering or as a more conventional high-pass front, high-pass rear and low-pass subwoofer filter with front to rear fading capability.

* Digital time alignment that allows each speaker’s output to be synchronized to that of the furthest speaker in the system. In the automotive environment where the listener is always seated closer to either the left or right speakers, this technology is critical to achieve a more realistic staging and stereo imaging effect.

* Three 24-bit digital-to-analog (D/A) converters, each responsible for each pair of RCA pre-amplifier outputs.

Advanced users can make all adjustments manually or simply let the automatic EQ/time alignment feature and included calibrated microphone create optimized settings with the touch of a button.

The DEH-80PRS will be available in April with a suggested price of $350.
SOURCE : New Reference Quality Audio Components From Pioneer Get the Stage 4 Treatment | Pioneer Electronics USA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blazeplacid

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
blazeplacid
DFW texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date