Pioneer DEH 80PRS vs Pioneer DEX-P99RS

After I saw the SD expansion slot I was sold on this HU. I love my p980bt its a great sounding HU that looks nice too but I refuse to iAnything so my mp3 collections were limited to 700mb CDs.
I pre-ordered the 80prs from abt.com for 350$ and I cant wait to throw almost my whole music collection on a 32gb SD card. Hopefully they will support more than 64gb cards so there wont be any point to a hdd or ssd.
you obviously don't care about SQ. 32GB doesn't even cover 1/4 of my collection but then i don't listen to MP3's.

PIONEER WE NEED FLAC SUPPORT GOD DAMIT!

I've always ran premier/pioneer heads. Tried an alpine once cost over 500 had bass machine or whatever it was called, etc. live with it for less than a week and returned it. Absolutely hated it. Just didn't sound good to me at all no matter what I did.

I'm wondering if the fact that I can run active fronts AND delayed rears is worth the extra coin for the p99.....
I would not purchase it for that reason... but most decks with time alignment can do that. Just fade to the front when you rolling, and then fade center when people are with you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As for the FLAC people, that wont be supported for a while, but many tests have been done that show you get minimal to no sound enhancement, especially in a car audio environment, unless you are pure SQ with like a 3 or 4 way front, etc. But if it is really that serious to you, the Pioneer 99 plays AAC Lossless, the next best thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would not purchase it for that reason... but most decks with time alignment can do that. Just fade to the front when you rolling, and then fade center when people are with you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
As for the FLAC people, that wont be supported for a while, but many tests have been done that show you get minimal to no sound enhancement, especially in a car audio environment, unless you are pure SQ with like a 3 or 4 way front, etc. But if it is really that serious to you, the Pioneer 99 plays AAC Lossless, the next best thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I wont have rears period if I go 80prs. I'm running active fronts and subs and wont have enough RCA outs...unless I use the RCA outs from my amps but I still can't delay tht way.

Well, after having installed the old 880, in my car, I encourage anyone to get the 80PRS as it did help my staging and gave me more EQ control. However, I have also concluded that the 99RS will probably never be in my car as I can't really seem to justify the price difference in the two and the 80PRS has enough tuning capabilities for most anyone and even too much for some people.

But these are just my opinions/observations.....

ok guys got the skinny on these 2 decks.the dex99 prs can only be bought new from cruthfield,and the deh p80prs will be shipping out at the end of the month

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date