Pioneer DEH 80PRS vs Pioneer DEX-P99RS

I think I saw that review...

I'm really feeling that 4 way active feature and that 31 band EQ for left and right sides...just still trying to convince myself to spend the extra coin...guess the fact that alot of ppl plan to get the 80, is enough motivation for me;) I like to be a little different.
Thats reason enough! There was a used one for like 900 on DIY IIRC

I think I saw that review...

I'm really feeling that 4 way active feature and that 31 band EQ for left and right sides...just still trying to convince myself to spend the extra coin...guess the fact that alot of ppl plan to get the 80, is enough motivation for me;) I like to be a little different.
I wish I could afford one... My car isnt nice enough to even have one. I would even be sad to have one here in AZ in the summer. I would take the whole deck out with me every where I went. Lol. I could see if we were talking $200-$300 difference. But we talking almost $600 more used, or like $900 new. Geeez. You could buy 2 or 3 80s with just the difference.

If you have money to burn, go for the P99RS. However, it's foolish to spend an extra $850 just to "be different". The P80RS will have more processing power than was ever available at that price range from a new unit. Don't get caught up in the race for more settings to tweak. You can spend the money you'll save on improving your installation.

If you have money to burn, go for the P99RS. However, it's foolish to spend an extra $850 just to "be different". The P80RS will have more processing power than was ever available at that price range from a new unit. Don't get caught up in the race for more settings to tweak. You can spend the money you'll save on improving your installation.
Truth.....I can use the cash I save and get better drivers too.

lol I really was about to pull the trigger on one of those Alpine HUs but a guy over on DIYMA, who was selling a 9887, put me on to the Pioneer ones and that L-R EQ just took the cake for me. I've always wanted that feature anyway. Plus, I've always loved Pio HU's; never tried an Alpine.
Uh... what? i have a pioneer. aha

Man Im really starting to get the itch for the p99rs. If I were you Id give everything a shot with the 80prs, use it for a while and see if its "enough" for you. Thats what Im going to do with my 800prs. If I need a little bit more or want to go 4 way Ill get a p99rs. Looking into the future a bit though.

Man Im really starting to get the itch for the p99rs. If I were you Id give everything a shot with the 80prs, use it for a while and see if its "enough" for you. Thats what Im going to do with my 800prs. If I need a little bit more or want to go 4 way Ill get a p99rs. Looking into the future a bit though.
Yea, I think thats what i'm gonna do is just get the 80prs for now. I'm just hoping I can get the same midbass and midrange performance I had with my previous 3 way setup on an active 2 way. Especially the naturalness of the Tang Bands on the midrange.

Yea, I think thats what i'm gonna do is just get the 80prs for now. I'm just hoping I can get the same midbass and midrange performance I had with my previous 3 way setup on an active 2 way. Especially the naturalness of the Tang Bands on the midrange.
You can always try a Midbass+Fullrange. There are some nice 3"ers that will go up to 18-20khz easily.

After I saw the SD expansion slot I was sold on this HU. I love my p980bt its a great sounding HU that looks nice too but I refuse to iAnything so my mp3 collections were limited to 700mb CDs.

I pre-ordered the 80prs from abt.com for 350$ and I cant wait to throw almost my whole music collection on a 32gb SD card. Hopefully they will support more than 64gb cards so there wont be any point to a hdd or ssd.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date