pioneer avic-n1???

Agreed. I have never used my vehicle dynamics unless demoing it for a customer. Pointless if you ask me. All it is for is entertainment, which i get nothing out of.

The Avic N1 is a very cool unit... a bargain, really.

DVD, CD, MP3, touch screen, navigation built in, and performance stats just like a G-meter - and then some, since it also does do speed, etc.

That's slick.

However, the Kenwood's navigation is slightly superior, and the Excelon decks generally have slightly superior sound quality.

Downside on the Kenwood is that just the navigation add-on unit is generally close in price to the cost of the entire Avic-N1 unit.

So, in my mind, that begs the question...

If you are going to spend that kind of money - why not simply buy the Kenwood's Navigation add-on, at this point?

You'll end up with a unit that's superior to the Avic-N1 in all respects, and you'll spend less money doing so - and you are already familiar with the ergonomics of the Kenwood DVD unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you were going into this fresh - I'd quickly point out the bang-for-the-buck of the all-inclusive Avic-N1...

But in your case, you've already got a very nice Excelon unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks alot

i really was going to get the pioneer because i have xbox and a rear view camera hooked to it now and the pioneer was a little easier to use with those... i did some thign and now i cant get the xbox to come on the kenwood but its running to all 3 monitors in the back so hell if i know what i did... ill have to bring it to the shop

Sounds like you swtiched a video select setting. The 911dvds are kinda funny about it. I hope you get what you want out of the N1. It has been a good deck to me. Its no IASCA sound quality deck, but it gets the job done well. The 2v preouts are kind of a downfall on the avic, i must add. But if nav is what you are going towards, the Avic is the most convenient (in my opinion) way to get it.

BTW take that 911 to your local Kenwood Excelon Dealer, and im sure they could hook ya up.

If there is anything else you would like to know about the N1 or anything else, I do this for a living, and i would be glad to help in any way. Drop me a line @ clay_rhye54@hotmail.com

^ i know i switched some thign its pissing me off... how m i sopposed to play xbox agsint my bro in law in back if it aint coming on the front tv //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.