Pioneer avic D2

Participant count
  • Participant list

tipnitty
10+ year member

TH^T GUY
St.louis
I've had this avic d2 in my DD car for about a year now and never had the acutal disks to go with it. I recently purchased the 2010 upgrade for the maps. People are always talking about how they change the backgrounds and stuff like that. But here are my problems.

1) My "location" says I'm about 2 blocks from where I really am. I have gone through pretty much everything on the until to narrow down to my exact location but this is the closest I can get it. By the time I get to work it shows I'm about a half mile down the road and not even close. Is there any ways to make it more precise?

2) Other units I have see on nicely lit up and colored and have these "gauges" as a background. Mine is just a simple blue and its very boring. I have been told to just go into the settings and I can change it. I go to settings and there is no option for backgrounds. Does anyone know how to change them?

I'm over on avic411.com but no one responds there anymore and if they do, they tell people to do research. But there is nothing that answers my questions. So any help is appreciated.

See I would be ok with that. I have re set where I am every morning before I leave my house. Its annoying. Say for instance, last night I was over at my GF's friends house. GPS pseudo followed me there. When I started my car to leave, it showed my "location" was about 30 miles east of where I actually was. I'm really tired of it and might sell the **** thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.