Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

my usb dont work on my 4300 i use the cord they have n the box an my charger cord .when i plug them up its not working
Have tried plugging a flash drive directly into the HU? If that works, then it's probly just a faulty extension.

Good write up. I see that the OP uses the SD card for his primary music source. I'm not sure how many files/folders you have in your library, but I was wondering if you are able to use your entire library.

I recently purchased a Pioneer AVIC-x930bt. I purchased a 16gb sd card and transferred my library to it. My library consists of about 10gb worth of music - 1500+ songs; 297 folders (artists); 776 sub folders (albums). My problem is that my head unit is not able to access my entire library. It only reads up the letter 'J' on my artist list. I read in the Pioneer manual that it can only read a maximum of 300 folders. I'm assuming that is where my problem is. I have contacted Pioneer and they have suggested either eliminating my album folders (I prefer not to do this), or to use a file sorter program (did not work). How are the OP and anyone else able to access larger libraries? Any suggestions?

Good write up. I see that the OP uses the SD card for his primary music source. I'm not sure how many files/folders you have in your library, but I was wondering if you are able to use your entire library.
I recently purchased a Pioneer AVIC-x930bt. I purchased a 16gb sd card and transferred my library to it. My library consists of about 10gb worth of music - 1500+ songs; 297 folders (artists); 776 sub folders (albums). My problem is that my head unit is not able to access my entire library. It only reads up the letter 'J' on my artist list. I read in the Pioneer manual that it can only read a maximum of 300 folders. I'm assuming that is where my problem is. I have contacted Pioneer and they have suggested either eliminating my album folders (I prefer not to do this), or to use a file sorter program (did not work). How are the OP and anyone else able to access larger libraries? Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum 300z,

I have not noticed this issue, but I am not sure my library is the size of yours - although it may be. I've switched to using my iPod for music and am going to start putting tv shows and movies on the SD card instead so that I can have both plugged in at the same time. If you has no iPod, maybe consider splitting the library between flash drive and SD card? twould be a pain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

What did they mean by "file sorter program?"

By "file sorter," there are programs out there that will sort your library in alphabetical order if the player does not do it for you.

In my case, I discovered that the limitation to my unit. I went Best Buy and tested my SD card in their display model x930, and it did the same thing. Then I tried my SD and USB in their display AVH-P3300DVD, and that unit (as well as a JVC they had), read my entire library! I got back home and looked at Pioneer's online manuals, to find that although my unit and the "flagship" AVIC-z130bt, allow a max of 300 folders, other units such as the AVH line, and all of the single DIN units allow anywhere from 500 to 6000 folders! I would have never guessed Pioneer's two top of the line models would have such limitations. The dealer I purchased from will not allow an exchange, so now I'm stuck. I think I will reorganize the folders on my SD card, so that I have no album folders, and I will just use the SD card on random tracks/files. If I want to play certain albums, I have just been streaming through by phone's bluetooth, since I have my complete library on my Droid phone.

Sorry about being gone so long but wanted to let you know that I've been using this program CloneDVD Mobile from SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD and it's great, there's a 21 day eval so try it out. I clone Transformer onto my SD as a generic dvix but dual layer at NTSC settings and you would think that you're actually watching it off the DVD. The HU recognize and started the video as soon as I selected the SD media. Now the sound is also great but you need to bring the volume up higher than normal which is usually around 12 but had to be set at 17 and was loud enough. If you decide to purchase, it's like 50 bucks.

Try it out if you like.

Heh I forgot what ripping program I use. If anyone needs to convert anything though, haven't found a better free program than FormatFactory. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

After doing some research, found out that ITouch 3rd gen will work as long as its version is 4.0 or below where mine is at 4.2, hopefully Pioneer will have a firmware upgrade for it but I'm not going to hold my breath, lol!

Hello all, this is my first post.

Did Pioneer update the firmware yet, to allow iphone/ touch with ios5?

Also an i understating it correctly that you can put videos on a SD card and thumb-drive and watch them on the HU?

Thanks Guys!

Welcome to the forum tanner,

I'm not sure about the firmware - but yes you can put videos on an SD/flash drive and watch. I've been watching Harry Potter/Mythbusters every day on the way to school/work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif To watch video while driving you'll have to do the parking brake bypass with a relay, which is shown at the end of the first post.

I much prefer not having to hit a switch every time I get in the car. With the relay, it is seamlessly integrated.

I always shut my screen off if there is any chance of people outside seeing it - which includes the police. I'm not at all eager to get my 4300 stolen because someone saw movies playing through my window. Pretty much if I'm city driving it's off a good deal of the time. This is one of my favorite things about this HU - the ability to instantly turn the display off without interrupting everything.

Welcome to the forum tanner,
I'm not sure about the firmware - but yes you can put videos on an SD/flash drive and watch. I've been watching Harry Potter/Mythbusters every day on the way to school/work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif To watch video while driving you'll have to do the parking brake bypass with a relay, which is shown at the end of the first post.
Very good! I am so sick of DVD's.

Hi everyone, just a few questions:

1. Has anybody tried hooking up an Ipad to the 4300, does it work?

2. Any way to get android working on this?

3. Are there any firmware updates for this deck and if so, can someone post a link?

Thanks

Hi everyone, just a few questions:
1. Has anybody tried hooking up an Ipad to the 4300, does it work?

2. Any way to get android working on this?

3. Are there any firmware updates for this deck and if so, can someone post a link?

Thanks
Question 2 is what i wanna know....just posted this in a similar thread. I just bought the new Galaxy Nexus:cool:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies