Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I just got the Nexus as well! Loving every bit of it.

I have not tried an iPad - I am curious if this works as well.

I asked in another thread awhile ago about getting Android running on it; didn't have much luck. I was thinking building a small box to house the components and output the display to the A/V in, but then the touchscreen wouldn't work... etc. Then I thought about just outputting via my old Droid, but it didn't have video-out. The Nexus does though, so when I have time I'll look into that.

I am not aware of any firmware updates - there is nothing under the downloads section of Pioneer's site in the 4300 section.

I just got the Nexus as well! Loving every bit of it.
I have not tried an iPad - I am curious if this works as well.

I asked in another thread awhile ago about getting Android running on it; didn't have much luck. I was thinking building a small box to house the components and output the display to the A/V in, but then the touchscreen wouldn't work... etc. Then I thought about just outputting via my old Droid, but it didn't have video-out. The Nexus does though, so when I have time I'll look into that.

I am not aware of any firmware updates - there is nothing under the downloads section of Pioneer's site in the 4300 section.
How can you not love that good ole Ice Cream Sandwich what an amazing phone

Yes it is truly excellent. 4 gigs of ram in a phone and dual 1.2 ghz processors... crazy business. Haven't rooted yet, waiting to talk to my resident phone-genius app-writing friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I feel like they've finally gotten android tuned just right - extremely easy and smooth interface but still has lots of character. This is my first experience with 4G/LTE as well - screamingly fast everything.

Dont wanna turn your thread into Andriod Central or Anandtech lol but yes yes yes all of the above. One of my co workers has the OG Droid, and when he pulled his phone out for me to see I was blown away by how much bigger and brighter my screen was first off. The 3G is faster than home desktop and 4G wheww weee no comment......Really havent gotten too deep into rooting and custom roms, but i read about ppl doing this all the time on the fourms. Alot of ppl said that they will wait to root theirs bc the phone is fast enough for them. On another note, I wish that pioneer would come out with something so all smartphone can be compatible with this unit. With all the features that these newer phones have, combine with the features of the 4300dvd, its not fair that Pioneer minimized all that technology just to one phone. CLUELESS!!!!!

just tried installing mine in my 07 grand prix and it doesn't fit. I'm hoping I'll be able to cut a slot so it sits right and I can put my bezzel back on

Hi everyone, just a few questions:
1. Has anybody tried hooking up an Ipad to the 4300, does it work?

2. Any way to get android working on this?

3. Are there any firmware updates for this deck and if so, can someone post a link?

Thanks
Just bought one yesterday, bench tested it with the iPAd and it works once you put it in app mode

Guys,

I have a 4300 and am unable to get App mode working and am hoping you guys might be able to help.

I have the unit installed, with the park brake bypass and have the CD-IU51V as well as the Axxess steering wheel remote unit.

The dvd etc work fine and the Pandora seems to be working ok.

When I switch to ipod on the pioneer unit then start the youtube app, and then hit the app mode button in the bottom right corner the "button" on the pioneer flashes acknowledging I touched it but nothing else happens.

The youtue app on the phone says "Video is playing on the TV screen".

I am using iPhone 3gs, iOS5 with Jailbreak.

Is there something I am missing? Is there somtype of setting I need to look at to get this going?

Thanks

C

A dude on youtube called presenterbloke has a demo on how this actually helps. On my galaxy nexus right now and i dont know how to paste url . Just type his name in u tube search bar. Title says Pioneers 2011 range cool app mode revealed. Hopes this helps!!!!

My problem is that when I go through the same steps a the presenter does and push the app mode button the screen stays the same. It doesn't switch over to the youtube video. On the iPhone I do get the screen that says "Connected to a TV' etc but I just can't see it on the Pioneer.

Thanks

alsa2009

Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

A dude on youtube called presenterbloke has a demo on how this actually helps. On my galaxy nexus right now and i dont know how to paste url . Just type his name in u tube search bar. Title says Pioneers 2011 range cool app mode revealed. Hopes this helps!!!!

I was under the impression that you were suppose to get the Pioneer CD-UI200V. Really dont know cause this cord seemed to not work for some others either

Debating on dropping the mula on this or waiting for the new line of pioneers to come out later this year. This unit seems great, and does everything I would want it to, but the new pioneers look better and have integrated BT. :/ decisions, decisions.

SO I borrowed a friends brand new iPhone4s for testing purposes.

As soon as I plugged it in to the Pioneer a message appeared on the iPhone screen saying an app was needed to use the accessory.

I did not install the app because It wasn't my phone.

I did NOT get that when I plugged in my 3GS or iPad.

Is there something I am missing? An app that will allow this phone to work with the radio?

Any idea guys?

Thanks

My problem is that when I go through the same steps a the presenter does and push the app mode button the screen stays the same. It doesn't switch over to the youtube video. On the iPhone I do get the screen that says "Connected to a TV' etc but I just can't see it on the Pioneer.
Thanks

alsa2009

Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I have the same problem. I have the Pioneer CD-UI200V cable on my 4300. Anyone please help. Do I need a different cable or something. I see pioneer has CD-IU51V cable also. They look similar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies