Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I am having the same issue! (audio, no video off iphone 4) I have the pioneer cable they specify on the website and the instructions for it, cd-iu200v if i remember correctly. Im getting really frustrated with this. Dont bother contacting pioneer either, they are of no help.

I am having the same issue! (audio, no video off iphone 4) I have the pioneer cable they specify on the website and the instructions for it, cd-iu200v if i remember correctly. Im getting really frustrated with this. Dont bother contacting pioneer either, they are of no help.
Are you still having a problem? Mine works with the 4S.

I have a Pioneer avh p4300dvd that was installed professionally. Everything worked fine for many months and suddenly the it won't turn off when the car ignition is turned off and the key removed. I tried using the "Source Off" feature but it still won't turn off. Finally I just pushed "Source off, and then clicked "Mode" to shut the screen off. It seemed to turn off, but then it turns on by itself in the middle of the day or night when no one is even using the vehicle. My battery is dead. I keep having the same problem.

Other people have said they're having problems with these units but what is it exactly that is wrong and how can it be solved? Any help would be appreciated.

I posted yesterday about my radio not shutting off. Me and my installer figured it out while "playing" with it. Turns out the ignition cylinder is wearing out, so when you go to turn the car off, it's sitting in aux mode. You know when you turn a car off but leave the AC and radio running? That mode was "stuck". Simply jiggling the key in the off position shut the radio off.

I wanted to let everyone know in-case anyone else has this problem in the future.

I have never been so frustrated with any piece of electronics in my life. Not only does Pioneer not make it that easy to use (some of the touch-screen buttons are not labelled correctly), but I'm not surprised since it was made by Pioneer, the manual is an absolute mess and entirely useless. As we all know, the Japanese have absolutely no idea how to write a frigging manual that is organized and helpful in any way, shape or form.

I just got an iPhone and am trying to connect the Bluetooth (I have the AVH-PP3300BT Bluetooth unit as required)and the Bluetooth operations are not covered in one location in the manual. The manual keeps bouncing me back-and-forth between two locations without telling me how to configure the stupid thing. Also, the screen-shots in the manual are completely different than those on the unit! (boy, that's helpful isn't it).

It is also important to note that all of the components were installed by a professional stereo shop (Benchmark Soundworks in Roswell, Georgia) so I know it is installed correctly.

So yourself a favor, unless you want to pull all your hair out, DO NOT BUY THIS/THESE UNIT(S).

I am now convinced on buying one, just not sure whether to get the 4400, or 3400.

Are you able to zoom in and out with your fingers like you can on tablets and smartphones?

I have never been so frustrated with any piece of electronics in my life. Not only does Pioneer not make it that easy to use (some of the touch-screen buttons are not labelled correctly), but I'm not surprised since it was made by Pioneer, the manual is an absolute mess and entirely useless. As we all know, the Japanese have absolutely no idea how to write a frigging manual that is organized and helpful in any way, shape or form.
I just got an iPhone and am trying to connect the Bluetooth (I have the AVH-PP3300BT Bluetooth unit as required)and the Bluetooth operations are not covered in one location in the manual. The manual keeps bouncing me back-and-forth between two locations without telling me how to configure the stupid thing. Also, the screen-shots in the manual are completely different than those on the unit! (boy, that's helpful isn't it).

It is also important to note that all of the components were installed by a professional stereo shop (Benchmark Soundworks in Roswell, Georgia) so I know it is installed correctly.

So yourself a favor, unless you want to pull all your hair out, DO NOT BUY THIS/THESE UNIT(S).
Im pretty sure, seeing as how no one else had these issues, that you're just stupid.

I am now convinced on buying one, just not sure whether to get the 4400, or 3400.
Are you able to zoom in and out with your fingers like you can on tablets and smartphones?

Hi Alex, nope not that advanced //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I have never felt a need to, though, as you are never looking at something that is bigger than the screen, if you know what I mean. In what situation were you expecting to need this ability?

Are you still having a problem? Mine works with the 4S.
Yea still having the issue and i cant get anywhere with their tech support. Its like im talking to a computer when i email them. They are insisting that i call but i sleep for only a few hours during the day before i go to my part time job. Then work all night. Im trying a different cable as soon as it comes then im gonna try the brake bypass

Ok so i had my wisdom tooth taken out and had to skip work because of the narcotics.... while i was irritable i was still able to call. They said its signal loss over the long usb extension so i took it out and hooked straight into the back, wouldnt you know it works perfectly. WHY couldnt customer service tell me this through email? Anyways they offered no solutions except that there should have been a 4ft extension in my box when i bought the unit, it was not and they wouldnt send it because it had been over 30 days since i purchased, even though my first contact with them was made in that time frame and no one thought to mention it. anyways im working on some things and ill get back to you. 4 ft wont put the connection in my center console and there has to be a way. ill update soon.

still losing this battle. looks like composite is the only way and i dont think the controls will transfer over the composite.

Sorry for the crazy late reply - but if you haven't figured it out yet, put photos of your background on flash drive/SD card, then under settings -> appearance (or something like that) go to wallpaper and choose to use custom pictures. I BELIEVE that is how it's done - I did it a long time ago so it's a little fuzzy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies