Vmi elux exw12.....

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
MICHIGAN
basswiigee

sub....

vmi elux 12 (exw12)

initial impressions.....

double boxed, fast shipping.... cardboard cutout inside was kinda jacked but the sub arrived safe.... so no fuss there.... ok, first impressions of the sub.... nice.... the grey looks better than the black on black.... like *previous model... the sub has some weight to it...but the magnet is covered which doesn't appeal to me, the previous was sadly light.... the surround was nice!!! thicker and wider than previous model, the leads are the same size as previous less powered model... which is not a good sign... BUT I must say I abused the life out of the first set and had no issues with leads.... the basket has some designage, looks way better than before but is still on the thin side... I will have more to come once I get it boxed and bumpin... lol

*previous model i refer to is vmi shaker series 12..... (solid black in pics....)

CAM00449_zps6536fb34.jpg

CAM00457_zps1073dfdf.jpg

CAM00458_zps95f72f95.jpg

CAM00459_zps9598cb69.jpg

CAM00460_zps46e0c295.jpg

CAM00461_zps40fad37d.jpg

CAM00462_zpsd7da792d.jpg

CAM00463_zps962eaffd.jpg

CAM00464_zps3e601ee4.jpg

CAM00465_zps5be90d08.jpg

more to come!!!!

Looks overall like a decent budget sub, and I am a fan of budget! Let us know more when you can on how it handles power and sounds.

ok, tossed it in.....

single ported 2.1cuft box tuned to 33hz... and a JL 500.1v2.... and a JL 1000.1v1...

sub preformed well, mostly played cds and radio.... (was scared to put decaf on em too soon, thats what killed my first set!)

sub hit nicely and clear... wife liked it!!! lol

felt like it wanted more... so i grabbed a jl 1000....

jl 1000

sub hit awesome.... but I started to notice it doesn't like low notes.... id say upper 30's low 40's is what this subs seems to enjoy....

sub wanted to puke on big krit... lol

I also ran this sealed, sub performed nicely.... (I prefer the port over sealed though)

and I did end up putting decaf on them.... they hung but it seemed like the jl 1000 was to much.... if I had to say the rms on these subs I'd say 800 strong...

this sub reminded me of my obsidian v2 I had and that aint a bad thing.... considering this sub is less than half the price....

all and all a good budget sub that can compete with subs double its price... they get loud... not as low... but the price point... I could see some multiple budget sub builds with these....

will post pics and vidz in a few days...

ok, tossed it in.....
single ported 2.1cuft box tuned to 33hz... and a JL 500.1v2.... and a JL 1000.1v1...

sub preformed well, mostly played cds and radio.... (was scared to put decaf on em too soon, thats what killed my first set!)

sub hit nicely and clear... wife liked it!!! lol

felt like it wanted more... so i grabbed a jl 1000....

jl 1000

sub hit awesome.... but I started to notice it doesn't like low notes.... id say upper 30's low 40's is what this subs seems to enjoy....

sub wanted to puke on big krit... lol

I also ran this sealed, sub performed nicely.... (I prefer the port over sealed though)

and I did end up putting decaf on them.... they hung but it seemed like the jl 1000 was to much.... if I had to say the rms on these subs I'd say 800 strong...

this sub reminded me of my obsidian v2 I had and that aint a bad thing.... considering this sub is less than half the price....

all and all a good budget sub that can compete with subs double its price... they get loud... not as low... but the price point... I could see some multiple budget sub builds with these....

will post pics and vidz in a few days...
what could be a bigger plus then that lol....

How do you think a pair of 15s would do sealed on 1300rms? Also, it probably needs some break in time man, the lows will come out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
basswiigee
MICHIGAN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views