Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

SOLVED.

Guys,

I have finally got the app mode working on my 4300.

It turns out that you MUST have sometype of music/media in your ipod section of the phone for the radio to communicate with it.

I had recently upgraded the software on my iPhone3gs and had not loaded any music on it, also on my iPad I don't keep any music there and the brand new iPhone 4s I tried hadn't had any loaded on to it yet either.

I tried a friends iTouch and it worked perfectly.

The only difference I could think of was the music library on the iTouch.

So I bought a track off iTunes and it fired right up.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

As far as the 2 different cables go, Its my understanding that the 51 cable has an extra headphone cable that allows full video from the iDevice to the 4300.

Maybe someone else can speak to this better than I can.

Thanks for the help guys!

SOLVED.
Guys,

I have finally got the app mode working on my 4300.

It turns out that you MUST have sometype of music/media in your ipod section of the phone for the radio to communicate with it.

I had recently upgraded the software on my iPhone3gs and had not loaded any music on it, also on my iPad I don't keep any music there and the brand new iPhone 4s I tried hadn't had any loaded on to it yet either.

I tried a friends iTouch and it worked perfectly.

The only difference I could think of was the music library on the iTouch.

So I bought a track off iTunes and it fired right up.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

As far as the 2 different cables go, Its my understanding that the 51 cable has an extra headphone cable that allows full video from the iDevice to the 4300.

Maybe someone else can speak to this better than I can.

Thanks for the help guys!
Fail! Definately not solved. Both of the pioneer cables have headphone jacks. The problem is we arent able to see VIDEOS ,youtube ETC I have 1500+ songs in my iPhone 4. The music on the phone has nothing to do with the issue of not being able to see videos on the screen itself.

What kind of relay did you use for the 4300? I didn't know about the relay and hate the switch.
Yep you just use a standard 5-pin relay (it's got to have the 87a pin) that you can get at any radioshack or electronics store.

Still looking for some answers guys. Thanks
Sorry man wish i could help - i dont use the actual pioneer cord anymore and have no idea where it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Did anyone ever figure out the complete method for hooking up an Android device to it?? I have an HTC evo and it has an HDMI output..Im getting this HU in a few days..Ive just been searching online how to get my Evo to work with it.

Did anyone ever figure out the complete method for hooking up an Android device to it?? I have an HTC evo and it has an HDMI output..Im getting this HU in a few days..Ive just been searching online how to get my Evo to work with it.
Not gonna happen!!!!! BUT.....for 2012 all their new higher end decks will come with Andriod compatible apps so all can enjoy the pleasures that we been looking for.

I posted a link on the previous page:

New Pioneer Advanced Navigation Systems Keep Consumers Connected, Informed and Entertained | Pioneer Electronics USA

So you might wanna hold off till April or May if using your Andriod phone is a big plus for you. I too might consider because i have a galaxy nexus.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Heeltoeclutch

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Heeltoeclutch
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies