Pioneer 80 prs issues

Dr. Slam
10+ year member

Slamming hoes n trunks...
This is my second 80prs and I having similar issues with both. I've tried everything from resetting it, rewiring it, separate grounds multiple times. I couldn't change the volume or get to the menu on the first and I can't get to the menu on this one either. It switches songs randomly and the rear channels having issues with distortion and cut in and out, on top of putting my sub amps into protect. I've swapped out 3 different pioneer head units ( same wiring harness and everything else ) but I'm only getting these issues with this one.

It acts normal randomly

What are my other options as far as troubleshooting it.

This is my second 80prs and I having similar issues with both. I've tried everything from resetting it, rewiring it, separate grounds multiple times. I couldn't change the volume or get to the menu on the first and I can't get to the menu on this one either. It switches songs randomly and the rear channels having issues with distortion and cut in and out, on top of putting my sub amps into protect. I've swapped out 3 different pioneer head units ( same wiring harness and everything else ) but I'm only getting these issues with this one.
It acts normal randomly

What are my other options as far as troubleshooting it.
I had the same problem and actually returned it for a replacement. Ended up waiting 1 month because of back order.

So heres the problem, you have to take out the tuner plug you have in the back plugged in. (the one that is next to the phone mic wire)

That plug actually plugs in the front when you tune the HU. I also had the tuner wire plugged in the back. Hope this resolves your problem.

did u plug one of the mics into the wired remote on the back? i did that and my deck was TRIPPIN. unplugged both mics in the back (bluetooth and tuning mic) and it worked fine. Plugged bluetooth mic in and it still worked fine. Plugged tuning mic in the back and it didn't work. then i realized the tuning mic is supposed to be plugged IN THE FRONT in the aux in not in the back (thought it went in the back since it fit). So make sure you don't have anything plugged into the wired remote mic slot except a wired remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had the same problem and actually returned it for a replacement. Ended up waiting 1 month because of back order. So heres the problem, you have to take out the tuner plug you have in the back plugged in. (the one that is next to the phone mic wire)

That plug actually plugs in the front when you tune the HU. I also had the tuner wire plugged in the back. Hope this resolves your problem.
haha beat me to it

did u plug one of the mics into the wired remote on the back? i did that and my deck was TRIPPIN. unplugged both mics in the back (bluetooth and tuning mic) and it worked fine. Plugged bluetooth mic in and it still worked fine. Plugged tuning mic in the back and it didn't work. then i realized the tuning mic is supposed to be plugged IN THE FRONT in the aux in not in the back (thought it went in the back since it fit). So make sure you don't have anything plugged into the wired remote mic slot except a wired remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I had the same problem and actually returned it for a replacement. Ended up waiting 1 month because of back order. So heres the problem, you have to take out the tuner plug you have in the back plugged in. (the one that is next to the phone mic wire)

Will do as soon as I get home because that's exactly what I did. I'll get it corrected as soon as I get home from work. Appreciate the help fellas

I see

*I had the same question. Why wouldn't they tell you specifically not to plug anything into that or at least have it in the troubleshooting section?

what exactly is that
For vehicles that have stock steering wheel controls (or I believe you can also buy aftermarket ones), just plugging in a new deck with harness will not retain functionality of them. For those that want to retain them, adapters are needed.

or whats that other circle small tweeter looking thing for
That's the mic for the auto tuning. Read through the manual for a complete description of it as I haven't played with mine yet to give you a full explanation. I very much dislike the lack of a paper manual now, my CD manual has been in my computer for about a month now and I have read to bother looking at it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.