Pics of runs in cars

You mean outside of the car? Very dangerous as unless well protected wires running outside the car can be subject to road damage! My installer guy originally wanted to run some of the wires for my system on the outside of my vehicle which I nixed that idea right in the bud!
John Kuthe...

This forum is for experienced people only. When the hell is that gonna happen to you?

If I were going to run that much wire in a daily driver I would do it under the car. my boy has an old Tahoe with positive and negative wires run under the truck. We're in NY and he has no issues even after road salt and all types of debris. ( I would ground to chassis but his guy says full run to batt. is better)

No matter what you choose make sure you fuse properly, smooth out sharp edges and jacket/protect the wire in areas that the wire can move or vibrate.

OP I have a question how are you connecting the said cables to the battery? I'm building and I'm curious to know what top post terminals you're gonna run to be able to connect multiple 0 wires.
Thanks.
One of the things that **** about my car is the power terminal is fixed. I'm pondering ideals but nothing solid yet. I'm tempted to use a relocate kit without actually relocating it. It will allow me to get the runs I want.

If I were going to run that much wire in a daily driver I would do it under the car. my boy has an old Tahoe with positive and negative wires run under the truck. We're in NY and he has no issues even after road salt and all types of debris. ( I would ground to chassis but his guy says full run to batt. is better)
No matter what you choose make sure you fuse properly, smooth out sharp edges and jacket/protect the wire in areas that the wire can move or vibrate.
Ya me too 6 O gauge cables running under the truck engine compartment back to the tool box and I drive on road and rough dirt roads (work truck ) for the last three years and never had a problem ! Hell there is stock wiring under there and it does ok ? I did run mine all together in two inch split loom like stock and its in the frame rail and zip tied in, I did use really heavy duty zip ties . Also if you use welding cable the jacketing on it is more than tough enough to hold up to salt, grease and oil and moisture as long as you take care not to nick it and let moisture into it. As far as dangerous ? That's what fuses are for !

You mean outside of the car? Very dangerous as unless well protected wires running outside the car can be subject to road damage! My installer guy originally wanted to run some of the wires for my system on the outside of my vehicle which I nixed that idea right in the bud!
John Kuthe...
Why would that be dangerous ? How could the road damage it ?

OP I have a question how are you connecting the said cables to the battery? I'm building and I'm curious to know what top post terminals you're gonna run to be able to connect multiple 0 wires.
Thanks.
Revisiting this. What I ended up doing is using two runs of 4 awg.

IMG_20170302_144628_zpsmuojqhit.jpg

I ran them thru the side of the engine bay and into the door jambs into the main grommet. Turned out decent.

IMG_20170302_144656_zpsamtpinmc.jpg

Ran to the back to a couple of 31s and then to multiple runs of 0. There is no bottleneck between the two since I'm using welding wire. I also dressed them up in black to make them non noticable. Absolutely slamming. I haven't done big 3 yet or have my mech man in and I only get slight headlight dimming full tilt.

I cringe when I see wiring thru the doorjamb like that.

And can I ask why your inline fuse holders aren't secured to a solid spot rather than resting on top of what appears to be the pos battery post?? Doesn't look safe, really.

Don't have pics right now but I went through the rubber gromut on the passenger side that comes out under the glove box.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Car maker left you a grommeted hole to run cable? How nice of them! I know Chrysler did for me too for one 12+V cable, but my installer guy had to drill a new hole for a second gnd cable.

John Kuthe...

Car maker left you a grommeted hole to run cable? How nice of them! I know Chrysler did for me too for one 12+V cable, but my installer guy had to drill a new hole for a second gnd cable.
John Kuthe...
Most vehicles do dummy.

It takes looking tho. Something you know nothing about.

I have mine running under my vehicle and covered in split loom. I used zip ties to secure it to the side of the frame and out of the way of movings parts and away from the exhaust. I check it every time I change my oil. It's been like that for 7 years with no issues. When I was stationed in Alaska, I knew a few guys that ran them under their vehicles in PVC pipes to protect from snow, ice, salt, etc.

I have a car, 3 runs of knu 1/0 for power and 3 runs of 3/0 eb for ground, will be adding 3 more of each next month, i personally like drilling through the fire wall so i can make the holes where ever instead of attempting to work with a grommets inconvenient location, usually make my own grommet for the holes out of deadner scraps. Ran the grounds originally under the car, lasted a week before paranoia made me run them through the interior instead.

How is it possible you registered in 2008 and barely have 20 posts?!?!
I post per year, eh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Haha I mostly post on this forum in the for sale items! But I'm trying to get more involved in all the forums Im a part of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And to stay on topic, I ran my 2 runs of 4/0 welding through my car. A little tight but if theres a will theres a way!

SIkeuJW.jpg

YpOKpc6.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.