Pics of from door. Help with speaker set up and speaker options

Participant count
  • Participant list

LittleJoe
10+ year member

This is a 2008 VW Jetta. You will notice towards the rear of the front door that is where the 6.5" driver would go. Half way in the middle of the door that is where a 4" mid would go and of course a tweet in the pillar.

My main concern is how does this set up allow for a great sound? Or does it?

Here is are the two options I am trying to choose between.

Option A:

Hertz HSK165.4 (6.5" component)

Hertz HCX 165.4 (6.5" coaxials)

Hertz EM100 (4" midrange)

ARC KS 300.4

The only other speaker set up I was going to run like this were the EV series of the German Maestros but after reign a lot of great stuff about the HSK's and hardly finding a thing on the German Maestros it was obvious.

Option B:

Hertz HSK165.4 components front and rear

Arc KS 300.4

What do you think?

IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very promising locations. What about some hsk 165 in kick panels? A midbass 6.5 in the door as well as the 4 mid range. Comps or coax in the rear are going to mess up your front soundstage. If you are going to do that may as well go with the maestros. BTW not bad speakers, they made the german mb quarts but nowhere near hertz or hat. Arc is great.

Not ideal but I think it's better than many... You could get a 4" component set, throw some Peerless SLS 6.5s up there and have some nice bass up front. You'll probably have a lot of rattles to kill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.