Pick my subwoofer

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
Cant decide on a sub for the ST. Was going to order the Stereo Integrity HT 18" and run it in 4 cubes sealed but it looks like they are now out of stock //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

4.8 cubes net to work with.

Stock electrical.

Pretty much an SQ build but I still like the SPLzzz.

No budget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
These things ... I modeled one up and now ima' gonna try a couple...$140 each... D*mn!... I can't speak for the reliability... but I like the response curve...

SoundQubed HDS3.115

WvcgUn.jpg

But you want a more SQ oriented sub? or an 18'?

My buddy has 2 of the older HDS3s and I didn't really care for them. I really don't like that they have stamped baskets now.
Stamped baskets?... wow... I missed that...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Stamped baskets?... wow... I missed that...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
yeah but they sure are cheap now.. i was debating a d2 12.. peeps keep saying they don't play deep but my fu is almost to deep so not sure i'd mind if it stayed above 32hz that where i have ss filter anyway..

yeah but they sure are cheap now.. i was debating a d2 12.. peeps keep saying they don't play deep but my fu is almost to deep so not sure i'd mind if it stayed above 32hz that where i have ss filter anyway..
That's why I liked it... it's 0 db at 27hz in a 29 hz tuned box... man it goes low... I could smooth out that 40-50 peak pretty easily... I guess I like "whale song"... stamped baskets tho...

These things ... I modeled one up and now ima' gonna try a couple...$140 each... D*mn!... I can't speak for the reliability... but I like the response curve...
SoundQubed HDS3.115

WvcgUn.jpg

But you want a more SQ oriented sub? or an 18'?
he's ran SQ waaay before you joined the forum so thats a nah. That graph is lying, you tune that low, that sub wont play anything but lows. You want to tune above 30hz imo.

That's why I liked it... it's 0 db at 27hz in a 29 hz tuned box... man it goes low... I could smooth out that 40-50 peak pretty easily... I guess I like "whale song"... stamped baskets tho...
at sale price u could do 2 in 35hz box and if u don't like them in 2 weeks sell them for probably more than u paid counting box u made cheap.. i wanted the fu partly because of the strong basket but honestly unless u running 2k per sub who cares can't see basket when it's in box lol, it's like chrome on magnet.. this is y i wanted to test my pioneer in my box this weekend was thinking of getting something else to try in new box if pioneer sounded better in it and can't get to it cause my trunk won't open lol..

he's ran SQ waaay before you joined the forum so thats a nah. That graph is lying, you tune that low, that sub wont play anything but lows. You want to tune above 30hz imo.
I can verify this, had a 12 tuned at 30 and all it did was lows, changed it out pretty quick wasnt to my liking and not sq”esk whatsoever

Yep... just lows... it looks better or worse than the last setup I had depending on your tastes... I'm an old SQ competitor (1996-8 IASCA)... Ima converted basshead tho now... sure low is what "I'm" after... I wish some X's were in the budget... this is old setup vs SQ's... last one went to 26 strong.. that yellow (SQ's).. really goes low... those are right in my budget.. anyone think I should pass due to the basket alone?

MeFXCv.jpg

Yep... just lows... it looks better or worse than the last setup I had depending on your tastes... I'm an old SQ competitor (1996-8 IASCA)... Ima converted basshead tho now... sure low is what "I'm" after... I wish some X's were in the budget... this is old setup vs SQ's... last one went to 26 strong.. that yellow (SQ's).. really goes low... those are right in my budget.. anyone think I should pass due to the basket alone?
MeFXCv.jpg
its worse than the graph literally its just 40hz and under and above 40 is super quiet.

its worse than the graph literally its just 40hz and under and above 40 is super quiet.
Super Quiet?.. I crossover the lows at 50hz currently, highs at 65hz or so... I'll upgrade the front end if it's too weak to keep up... I want good sound but Dem' lows are what I'm after... I can't afford a ZV5 or Equivalent... sorry... I'll stop... no threadjacking here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.