PG Xenon sound quality vs. A/B for comps

bchandler
10+ year member

Florida
Can anyone compare the Phoenix Gold Xenon line (a class D amp) to a good A/B amp? Nothing major like a good DLS, but maybe to an Xtant or lower end Arc Audio? I'm just wondering if I should pick up a second A/B to run my comps active or just go with the X200.2 and run passive. The Xenon is supposed to have low distortion, but does the A/B sound better for some other reason?

Can anyone compare the Phoenix Gold Xenon line (a class D amp) to a good A/B amp? Nothing major like a good DLS, but maybe to an Xtant or lower end Arc Audio? I'm just wondering if I should pick up a second A/B to run my comps active or just go with the X200.2 and run passive. The Xenon is supposed to have low distortion, but does the A/B sound better for some other reason?
that amp is not a class d amp.

Yes, the mono amps are class D. The info is not hard to find if you look. One search on google and wow. Some of you guy's could learn alot by just doing a little searching. It will help you be more self suffecient. I am not trying to be an a-hole or flame so please don't take it that way. This is why some of you new guys do get flamed from some of the people on here. I will help you out and give the link that takes 5 seconds to find on the internet.

Here is a link:

http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/xenonamps.html

If you will notice genxx, nowhere does it say what class the two channel amps are. Usually when I need specs I will go to ebay and at least one seller will have a thorough spec sheet. But I have not been able to find any mention of the class of the two channel amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.