PG Tantrum 1200.1 question

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
will running my PG Tantrum put out more watts if I run it at 2 ohms? The birthsheet says 1507 watts at 4 ohms. I am about to get a second 15 D2 and am going to be running my two off this one PG amp and was just wondering. even if I get about 1400 out of it that should be plenty for now.

I like them alot. They are very impressive. I like them more everyday as i get more familiar with my HU settings and whatnot. When I went from 100 to 150 watts to each it was a world of difference. They are performing excelant.

i hope my Tantrum 1200.1 puts out like yours,

order the the 3rd get it on the 7th, not bad coming from the CA to MA in a few days.

"Your package is in the UPS system and is on-time with a scheduled delivery date of Apr 7, 2004."

I ordered the PG Powergrid from sonicelectronix and got it in 4 days here in TN.

I would suggest getting it from infinitecaraudio.com All PG products come with the 2 yr factory warranty there. very nice to have. It may be a little more, but the prices I saw were good.

the tantrum does put out more power @ 2ohms.....

its a min of 1200 @ 4ohms and a min 1400 @ 2ohms.... max on both ohm levels will be different.... its like 14050@4ohms or something like that just depends on which one u get but anyways its more @ 2ohms.

thanks. just wondering what it was at. i got into an argument with a guy at a stereo shop about it. he said it might put out the power but at 16 volts and 10% distortion. trying to sell me a 1000 watt JL.

I dont exactly understand how the Tantrum puts out ~1200-1400 watts with only an 80 amp fuse, while a 81000d/1501d/1500bd require a 150 amp fuse. Is there better technology in the Tantrum, the other amps use an unnecessarily large fuse, or what?

OK I am getting pretty pist at my Tantrum, I have done almost everything I can think of. I put my 15D2 in a 2.03 cube sealed box and my amps are getting 14 or so volts and my Tantrum is not living up to what all I read about. My PPI PC2150 (600 watts) moves my Mag more than my Tantrum. What is the freakin deal??? I had the amp turned up about 3/4 the way, the ssf on about 30, the crossover on about 80hz, and the bass boost barely turned up.

anyone that has one of these amps please feel free to throw out any ideas.

uh, study some ohms law, and read up on amplifier efficieny, and you'll understand that amps don't constant draw their fuse rating in amps. (competition is different) so 80 fuse is just a rating, just like kicker 1200.1 should get a 120 amp fuse, etc etc, it doesn't matter that's there to protect the amp should it get DOUBLE the current, tantrum 1200.1s draw about 20-60 for daily driving, so i'm not seeing how you can be so uneducated to make these comparisons for 1001bds fuse ratings etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.