PG RSD 65cs and 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

suleman36
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I have a Eclipse PA5422 4 channel amp that does :

85 x 4 @ 4 ohm and i believe 200-235 watts @ 4 ohms per channel bridged.

Which way should i go about this ?

This will be installed in a 2000 Honda Civic EX sedan. I may just run the rear speakers off HU power and then get a sub and amp later.

I have a Eclipse PA5422 4 channel amp that does :
85 x 4 @ 4 ohm and i believe 200-235 watts @ 4 ohms per channel bridged.

Which way should i go about this ?

This will be installed in a 2000 Honda Civic EX sedan. I may just run the rear speakers off HU power and then get a sub and amp later.
If you are staying passive then bridge the amp and send at least 150 to each side and run the rears off of the HU. If you are going active then you will need all 4 channels of amplification and the the necessary sound processing to do so.

Im going to stay passive and bridge the amp.

Do i bridge just the front 2 channels to send 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged ?

I guess if it does 120 x 4 @ 2 ohm then if bridged it should give me 120 x 2 @ 4 ohm bridged.

Correct me if im wrong.

Bridging means using two channels of an amplifier to power one driver. Take channels 1 and 2 and bridge those and do the same with channels 3 and 4.

+ from ch. 1 and - from ch. 2 (connect to one crossover)

+ from ch. 3 and - from ch. 4 (connect to other crossover)

That sounds like a plan.

Whould'nt that be 240 watts rms per channel bridged if done this way.

Each side getting 240 watts rms @ 4 ohm bridged

That sounds like a plan.
Whould'nt that be 240 watts rms per channel bridged if done this way.

Each side getting 240 watts rms @ 4 ohm bridged
I'm really not to familiar with that amp, but from what I can tell it will be closer to 200x2 @ 4 ohm (@ 13.8v). Still plenty for the RSd's. I have mine right now with 150 a side and they scream.

Cool. I will have it installed on monday and let you know how it works out and sounds.
Cool. Make sure you deaden and seal those doors. I cannot stress how important install is when it comes to pretty much anything car audio, especially your front stage. You also may want to wait to connect your rear fill, especially if you don't have passengers frequently.

Also, my RSd's didn't fully break in for a few weeks after install. I would say they need a solid 10-15 hrs of listening before the mid bass really wakes up.

I was planning to run the stock 6x9 rearfill of HU power if anything.

The other route i was considering was to run Alpine SPR-17S Component set and the matching Alpine SPR-69C coaxials and run them at 85 x 4 @ 4 ohm off the same amp.

Trying to decide which way to go.

I was planning to run the stock 6x9 rearfill of HU power if anything.
The other route i was considering was to run Alpine SPR-17S Component set and the matching Alpine SPR-69C coaxials and run them at 85 x 4 @ 4 ohm off the same amp.

Trying to decide which way to go.
Even though you have a sedan rear fill is not necessary. If anything I would still fade most of it towards the front of the vehicle. I have a coupe, but I do have a back seat and i would never consider having any rear fill. My advice is to get your comps powered up and see if you still think you would like to have rear fill.

As far as choosing drivers... the most optimal way is to listen for yourself, but for most that is not an option. I would search for opinions on both sets you are considering. You will most likely find that the RSd's are very tough to beat for the money.

Bridging means using two channels of an amplifier to power one driver. Take channels 1 and 2 and bridge those and do the same with channels 3 and 4.
+ from ch. 1 and - from ch. 2 (connect to one crossover)

+ from ch. 3 and - from ch. 4 (connect to other crossover)
Which inputs are channels 1-4? RF, LF, RR, LR?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.