people with a full blow through?

kurrupt
10+ year member

hustlenomics
neenah,wi
this is for the people that have done a full blow through in a pick up.

by full blow through i mean no back window or wall as in turning the truck into an suv of some sort.

how do you seal the cab to the bed? weld or fiberglass?

maybe someone can post some picks to help explain

sorry wasnt familiar with the term.

if i go this way ill be running a piece of pipe to keep the rear of the cab sturdy and then probably fiberglass the cutout just to make it air tight.

does anyone have any pictures of theres or just pictures of it in general

if you are going to cut out the back side of the cab of your truck, it might have streingth issues with out that support there.

i would be inclined to looking in to some sort of "roll cage" bar to span the roof line to give support where the rear roof meets the fiberglass topper.

and as for sealing it all together, I would have to take in to account that the bed of the truck and the cab do twist a little, as each one is mounted to the frame seperately on its own using rubber isolators, wich allow a small amount of flex to them.

so if you fiberglassed them together - eventually it would crack. unless you glassed them with a piece of 1/8" shim all the way around, and then used some sort of bad ass rubberized selant all the way around the gap once you removed your shim pieces. that would probly provide a air/water tight seal for a good fiew years.

im debating if its more work than what its worth i might just do a blow through and leave my back seat in. my seat is easily removable for shows and comps. then that would leave me plenty of room for amps and batteries and such.

There's a guy on SSA that has a walk-through.. I could give you his number if you want. He's pretty cool.. I think he's doin 6 15s now in his walk-through.

I'll be doin a walk-once I get a cheap topper.

There's a guy on SSA that has a walk-through.. I could give you his number if you want. He's pretty cool.. I think he's doin 6 15s now in his walk-through.
I'll be doin a walk-once I get a cheap topper.
thanks for all the info you have provided me good to see a straight up guy on the forums

You don't physically attach the cab and the bed with anything but the box, it would break if you did.

You use a gasket from a camper store as stated above, i forget what it was called now....

what we did was connect the box directly to the cab and the topper is set over it all just as a cover
Thats the proper way to do it. Box is attached to cab of truck, then topper is cut as well, and an accordian boot goes around the whole thing to make it water tight.

Heres one with 12 15s. Yes, I know pics are massive.

Photo_3.JPG

Photo_4.JPG

Photo_1.jpg

Photo_5.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.