PDX-5 Help Anyone?

Participant count
  • Participant list

war6763
10+ year member

Hey everyone!

I've got myself a MINI equipped with DQL-8 and running a PDX-5. The PDX drives some Focal 165 A1 and 690 CA 1 but I'm running into some problems...

Even though the amplifier filter is set to "Full" instead of "Low" or "High" I'm unable to get Mids out of it for some reason. If you move the switch from "High" to "Full" you don't notice ANY difference. I've tried messing with the EQ controls to no avail. The rears should be bumping a bit but they just sound like tweeters.

Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I had another amp (some American Bass amp) in there a couple weeks ago and it reproduced the full range perfectly.

Thanks!

The front coaxials are, but the rears should be receiving the full range. The amplifier's built-in crossover is what I'm having trouble with. Has anyone had this problem?

When you installed the new speakers did you run new speaker wire to all the speakers and the crossover? Some cars have a built in crossover in the speaker wire that filters stuff and if you install a crossover after that you will probably not get any lows. Just a thought.

Yeah I've checked everything. I'm very stumped as to what could be wrong... Still trying to work it out but it seems that it might be the amp that's causing problems. When I got this new amp, I literally switched them out and noticed a difference. I might need to call Alpine and see what they have to say about it... Any other thoughts?

just for testing purposes why not change the connections and try running the rear off the other channels on the amp, changing settings as needed. it should tell you instantly if the amp is the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.