Panasonic vs. Pioneer

I would choose pioneer simply because ive had personal experience with them and have never had a problem with one. But panasonic does have some decks with great features for under $200, just a question of reliability.

well since i have worked with both depends on what all u going to do next to SQ panasonic is great after u remove all that dot matrix stuff and motorized face. pioneer is pretty basic and have been around for 20years in mobile audio.

I had a Pioneer 860, ran into problems.

My wife has a Pioneer (not sure of the model, it was about $150 a year ago), no problems at all.

Get whichever one you like better, or has the better warranty.

well since i have worked with both depends on what all u going to do next to SQ panasonic is great after u remove all that dot matrix stuff and motorized face. pioneer is pretty basic and have been around for 20years in mobile audio.

Pioneer is basic? Care to explain that a little?

What do you mean by "remove" the dot matrix and motorized face? How would you do that? And it actually improves SQ?

Panasonic's reliability is fine ...
However, I dislike their user interface and strongly dislike their looks ...
Really? I think they look really clean and sharp. Especially with all that polished gun metal. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I prefer the built in eq on the Pioneer. If you are not planning on using an amp on your mids/highs, the Pioneer will help you bring out the clarity and great sound of the music. To me the panasonic decks under $200 is very basic. The controls are: treble, bass, balance, front/back, and some models have a subwoofer level. You have to pay big money on a Panasonic to get the adjustability that you can attain from the cheapest of the Pioneers. Go Pioneer or JVC! JVC is the only deck that I now use! Out of Pioneer, Panasonic, and JVC-- Go with JCV or Pioneer.

I prefer the built in eq on the Pioneer. If you are not planning on using an amp on your mids/highs, the Pioneer will help you bring out the clarity and great sound of the music. To me the panasonic decks under $200 is very basic. The controls are: treble, bass, balance, front/back, and some models have a subwoofer level. You have to pay big money on a Panasonic to get the adjustability that you can attain from the cheapest of the Pioneers. Go Pioneer or JVC! JVC is the only deck that I now use! Out of Pioneer, Panasonic, and JVC-- Go with JCV or Pioneer.
7 band eq on a $150 HU?

Look around the classifieds, sometimes youll see high end Pioneer, Eclipse, and Alpine stuff selling for around $200 that are great decks.

Might also want to check out Kenwood Excelon.

actually i like pioneers looks better, but the panasonic is a GREAT starter HU. I had one for a year, and it never failed on me. I like the user interface a lot its simple and easy to read. I also like the glowing blue backlight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Look around the classifieds, sometimes youll see high end Pioneer, Eclipse, and Alpine stuff selling for around $200 that are great decks.
Might also want to check out Kenwood Excelon.
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166492

Heres a VERY nice pioneer selling for $175 on a forum Im on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

actually i like pioneers looks better, but the panasonic is a GREAT starter HU. I had one for a year, and it never failed on me. I like the user interface a lot its simple and easy to read. I also like the glowing blue backlight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Are you talking about the HU's in the $200 range? Or are you talking about their cheap ones...?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.