P880PRS vs. Nakamichi CD-500

which has better sq?

• Nakamichi CD-500

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 880PRS

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
I have a cd500 and love the sq but the reliablility has been anything but steller....go with the 880prs as it is the more reliable unit.....mine jams discs if its hot out and that pisses me off...if you want you can buy my cd500 for $250.00...I have only had it for a few months....pm if interested...prolly aq cheap fix i just dont care to deal with it....

I will admit that the Nak stuff is not as reliable as some, but for a SQ source its better sounding than most. Buying this deck depends on if you are looking for consumer SQ or competition SQ. I guess if you are just an average listener you may like the pioneer more as it has more toys. I like the nak for the above average SQ and I actually like the look of them.

true but if a deck doesnt work all the time it doesnt matter how good it sounds...the nak is hands down the better sounding and looking deck imo....it just isnt reliable enough for a daily deck....the 880 is no slouch in sq either...

The nak. fits the look of my dash perfect. I must admit,I am scared of its reliability issues. If I bought the Nak. I was going to buy it from onlinecarstereo.com. I dont know how well they stand behind their warranty.The 880 is cheaper.

I have a cd500 and love the sq but the reliablility has been anything but steller....go with the 880prs as it is the more reliable unit.....mine jams discs if its hot out and that pisses me off...if you want you can buy my cd500 for $250.00...I have only had it for a few months....pm if interested...prolly aq cheap fix i just dont care to deal with it....
How come you didnt bring it back to the dealer? You are aware its a direct over the counter replacement right?

With that being said..Ive sold about 5 500s,3-4 400s and 2 MBXs (one in my car) in the past 5 mos or so and no issues yet.

The nak. fits the look of my dash perfect. I must admit,I am scared of its reliability issues. If I bought the Nak. I was going to buy it from onlinecarstereo.com. I dont know how well they stand behind their warranty.The 880 is cheaper.
Buy from an actual dealer and youll be fine.

I had a cd45z &400 & they both skipped like crazy. I was told they now have an over the counter warranty exchange by some one on here.

Based on looks, I like the NAK.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...