overheating problem..help please.

have you checked the water pump?

im not sure about isuzu but i know audi's have more than one water pump, they have an internal water pump located some where the average person can't find...i sure the hell couldn't

I replaced the water pump, all hoses, thermostat, fan clutch (heavy duty), thermostat housing and mine still overheats from time to time.... how many miles are on it?

Possibly a head gasket since its got a few miles on it. I mean dont jump to any conclusions lol but does it happen after being ran for a little while or just right away some times?

One thing you could do is test your coolant. I dont mean to see if it is protecting to certain temps. With there being two dissimilar metals and a chemical present all in the same place your coolant will actually produce voltage (same concept as a battery). You check this by taking a volt meter and placing the positive lead in the coolant and the negative lead on the negative terminal of the battery. If you have .2 volts or less you are good. If you are around .5 volts you are border line. If you are .7 volts or higher your coolant is bad and you need to get it flushed. If you are reading around the .7 range the coolant gets corrosive and it can eat away at parts in the engine such as the water pump. I have seen people pull out a water pump and the impeller was gone because the coolant was around the .7 or higher range. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Possibly a head gasket since its got a few miles on it. I mean dont jump to any conclusions lol but does it happen after being ran for a little while or just right away some times?
Could be it, but wouldn't it leak if it was the head gasket?

flush the radiator and make sure that it is topped off. after that, rebuild the pump or get a new one. then check the hoses for possible build up.

thanks all, water pump seemed to be working ok but i guess ill change it and see, coolant is new, and it overheats after driving for a 20 mins + or - a few.thanks 4 your help

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this one... you might have an air pocket in your coolant, you need to make sure the thermo opens when your adding coolant in it, the air pocket prevents the thermo from opening

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this one... you might have an air pocket in your coolant, you need to make sure the thermo opens when your adding coolant in it, the air pocket prevents the thermo from opening
possible but not likely. if you end up changing the coolant though, then you would need to burp the system and lines.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.