Amp Keeps Overheating

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
I have an older version of the sundown saz 1500d that i have been using temporarily and it keeps overheating especially if its a hot day outside. I can get through a song maybe two at most then it shuts off. I do have it laying on my back seat so i dont think the felt under it helps out at all. First i want to know what i should put the amp on to keep it cooler for air flow wise. Second im in the process of buying a new amp around 3k watts, so besides taramps is there another amp that has a built in fan to keep it cool so it wont go into thermal protect mode constantly? The only reason i dont want to buy a taramps is because it doesnt have a bass knob and i use it religiously so i couldnt imagine not using one. I rather have one that hooks directly up to the amp rather than running an rca bass knob.

I have 4 of these fans that ill usually run on my old school amplifiers to keep them a bit cooler. i wire + and - to the rear battery or power supply a Piggyback the remote off the sub amp rather than the mids and high amps. You can find some other cooling fans with a higher CFM that will move more air. If in the trunk, and no Ski pass, I dont think the fan noise is that much of an issue. i can hear these inside when no music is played, but hell... Once the tunes are in my volume range.. I cant hear them. LOL

What is your budget for an amplifier???????????? how much room are you willing to give up for it? do you have the electrical to run a 3k sub amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...