overall system help

ok, im relatively new to car audio, and wood like to have a loud but good sounding system, not just a ton of bass.

right now i have a sony cdx-gt330 head unit, alpine type S 4x6 front speakers and 6.5 rear, powered by a TMA 320w 4channel

i want to get more power without losing quality so i was thinking of getting a 10, but im not sure if i should get a seperate monoblock for the sub, or run my speakers off the headunit again (52 max watts per channel) and use my 320.4 for the sub. or if i could even do that.

my head unit only has 2 preouts so im not sure how id add a sub

sorry if this is hard to understand lol

dude if you just want base and not alot dont bother getting a monoblock that for people that want to run there subs at 1 ohm... but i would advice to get a 2 channel amp dosent have to be too expensive and you will have some base and if you look in your other amp you should have a input for rca's and a out put all you have to do is connect the rca's from the out put to the input of the next sub and there you have base hahahaha without having to take down your whole dash:)

Actually - monoblock doesn't mean you can only run your subs at 1 ohm. I have a monoblock amp and I'm running my sub at 2 ohms. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I believe monoblock just means one channel - which is fine - cuz subwoofers don't need to really be separated left and right.

well you can start by giving us your budget. your door and rear fill speakers dont have to be run off an amp even though alot of people do i personally dont. if you dont want alot of bass i would go with 1 10 like you said and maybe another headunit to make your comps sound a little better if you ran them off the head unit. theres many options for 10s so give a budget and we can go from there.

your cheapest option is to run your fronts off channels 1 and 2 run the rears off the cd player and bidge channels 3 and 4 to your sub.

Actually - monoblock doesn't mean you can only run your subs at 1 ohm. I have a monoblock amp and I'm running my sub at 2 ohms. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I believe monoblock just means one channel - which is fine - cuz subwoofers don't need to really be separated left and right.
yeah but what would be cheaper a mono block or two channel amp?t wo channel amp duh.... and he obiously wants nice sound and not alot of base so he can bridge the sub at 4 ohms and last time i checked 4 ohms is better sound quality then 2 ohm's and that way he gets more bang for the buck

ok, im relatively new to car audio, and wood like to have a loud but good sounding system, not just a ton of bass.
right now i have a sony cdx-gt330 head unit, alpine type S 4x6 front speakers and 6.5 rear, powered by a TMA 320w 4channel

i want to get more power without losing quality so i was thinking of getting a 10, but im not sure if i should get a seperate monoblock for the sub, or run my speakers off the headunit again (52 max watts per channel) and use my 320.4 for the sub. or if i could even do that.

my head unit only has 2 preouts so im not sure how id add a sub

sorry if this is hard to understand lol
2 Pre-outs is plenty. Just about any modern amp will have a built in LPF so you don't need a dedicated sub pre-out.

Honestly, the cheapest option is to get a separate 2/1ch amp for the sub and continue using the TMA for the speakers. Just run a short pair of RCA's from the outputs of the TMA to the input of the sub amp. If it doesn't have an output you can get a Y splitter.

And guys, it's bass not base.

yeah but what would be cheaper a mono block or two channel amp?t wo channel amp duh.... and he obiously wants nice sound and not alot of base so he can bridge the sub at 4 ohms and last time i checked 4 ohms is better sound quality then 2 ohm's and that way he gets more bang for the buck
Unless the signal is clipped or distorted there will be no difference in sound quality between 2 and 4 ohms.

my budget is around 400-500, or a little more if i really have to

my amp does have outputs, i was thinking of getting an alpine type R 10, and a 500w amp, prolly alpine or JL, wood that be a little to much? i want it to be loud but i dont want the bass to be overpowering

thanx for the help so far

my budget is around 400-500, or a little more if i really have to
my amp does have outputs, i was thinking of getting an alpine type R 10, and a 500w amp, prolly alpine or JL, wood that be a little to much? i want it to be loud but i dont want the bass to be overpowering

thanx for the help so far
First of all, you're going to need an amp that puts out about 500 wrms at 2 ohms or 500 wrms at 1 ohm pending on which coil option you go with. For it to sound go, you'll need a box built to specs tuned from 35-40 hertz or a sealed box if you like your sub to play a range of tones.

You can find reliable cheap amps on here or egay. Just use the search button or make a WTB thread. Ppl will flock to that thread and sell you some good merch, just ask for refs so the scammers wont scam you.

So I'm guessing you dont want a ported box? Does the box fit the specs of the woofer?

All I have to say is you get what you pay for. I'd get a custom box built to specs for a single 10" Type r.

I'm not sure how loud you're trying to get...to me 500 watts isnt loud at all. Then again I'm probably a lil def from my last setup lol.

yea i think i want a sealed box, im not to sure though lol, like i said im pretty new to car audio, i think im just gonna go up to my shop and see wut they recommend, i just wanted to post on here to get another opinion, thanx alot for all the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.