Overall Comparison

Cuz their soft parts are no diff then most out there. If you've reconed enough subs you'd know that. Alum recones are hand made, have NEVER seen an issue with any of those...
Well imo for normal everyday use its a great sub, HOWEVER when trying to build a daily driver that post good numbers the AQ parts DO hurt you on the meter, but i do like the Motors. So i need better parts. Also it has to handle 4k

Well imo for normal everyday use its a great sub, HOWEVER when trying to build a daily driver that post good numbers the AQ parts DO hurt you on the meter, but i do like the Motors. So i need better parts. Also it has to handle 4k
Have you ever seen what kind of numbers he does in his vehicles with aq motors and aq softparts?

Have you ever seen what kind of numbers he does in his vehicles with aq motors and aq softparts?
No i never said they cant do good numbers..... But if i throw the 4k at my hdc3 18. Its not gonna end well. Also again i have seen multiple people gain just from recone by itself with out changing anything else. Usually between 1 & 1.5 db difference on same power.

No i never said they cant do good numbers..... But if i throw the 4k at my hdc3 18. Its not gonna end well. Also again i have seen multiple people gain just from recone by itself with out changing anything else. Usually between 1 & 1.5 db difference on same power.
I've built 2 160+ daily/demo vehicles with AQ subs. My daily beater trunk car is a single HDC4 18 off 2 3500's that does a 54.9 in the kick and gets pounded on daily since it was built to play music, not burp.

I've reconed AQ/DD subs with other brand recones, some gained a lilttle, some didn't, most of them smoked also. Of course I have guys on my team that blow up EVERY brand out there.

Will you have 4kw clamped or a 4kw amp? BIG difference...

Get an HDC4 18 while they're still on sale, problem solved.

Just saw an HCD4 18" in action here on only 2000 watts. VERY impressive. I'm not much of a competition guy but this thing was LOUD! And it sounded good doing it. Like I said, I'm not a high powa comp guy but I like to run around 1200 watts or so. Next subs are gonna be some 12" HDC 2.5's for the wife's minivan.

I've built 2 160+ daily/demo vehicles with AQ subs. My daily beater trunk car is a single HDC4 18 off 2 3500's that does a 54.9 in the kick and gets pounded on daily since it was built to play music, not burp.
I've reconed AQ/DD subs with other brand recones, some gained a lilttle, some didn't, most of them smoked also. Of course I have guys on my team that blow up EVERY brand out there.

Will you have 4kw clamped or a 4kw amp? BIG difference...

Nice. Again im gona say it cant be done. Im gona say the hdc3 i have is not gonna take my memphis very well without having a recone. I had it hooked to a DTR3400 @ 1 ohm and the sub didnt like it very much. I could here some metal slapping while playing. So give or take on music that was probly about 1400 or 1600 rms.

honestly i would get a hdc4 18 but they dont come in d2 and i dont have the money

Nice. Again im gona say it cant be done. Im gona say the hdc3 i have is not gonna take my memphis very well without having a recone. I had it hooked to a DTR3400 @ 1 ohm and the sub didnt like it very much. I could here some metal slapping while playing. So give or take on music that was probly about 1400 or 1600 rms.
honestly i would get a hdc4 18 but they dont come in d2 and i dont have the money
what were specs on that enclosure? Only way I could see that happening is being tuned upper 30's and playing mid/upper 20's full tilt.

If you plan on burping/competing I'd keep the 4k and just dial it back a little for daily. No 3" VC is going to take 4kw daily, but with rise you're not going to have that much power on hand.

You could run the HDC4 @ 2ohm daily and .5 for burps....

what were specs on that enclosure? Only way I could see that happening is being tuned upper 30's and playing mid/upper 20's full tilt.
If you plan on burping/competing I'd keep the 4k and just dial it back a little for daily. No 3" VC is going to take 4kw daily, but with rise you're not going to have that much power on hand.

You could run the HDC4 @ 2ohm daily and .5 for burps....
i compete on music so no burps, whats funny is mine is about .8db louder on music then a burp?????? lol not sure why but im fine with that. i was actually looking for more around the 3.5k range but unsure. yea i know that a 3" coil wont take 4k daily, and after rise i wont see 4k

i compete on music so no burps, whats funny is mine is about .8db louder on music then a burp?????? lol not sure why but im fine with that. i was actually looking for more around the 3.5k range but unsure. yea i know that a 3" coil wont take 4k daily, and after rise i wont see 4k
so you would be fine with an HDC. I'd personally do an alum coil.

Can a HDC4 12 take 4k daily? (2) strapped BXi2100s?
I run 2 of the old AQ3500's on my HDC4. I have plenty of electrical. I can play a 3-4 minutes full tilt, but sub will get a little stinky. Even with rise I'm throwing a lot of power at it for daily.

Dialed back a little I can play it song after song....

I run 2 of the old AQ3500's on my HDC4. I have plenty of electrical. I can play a 3-4 minutes full tilt, but sub will get a little stinky. Even with rise I'm throwing a lot of power at it for daily.
Dialed back a little I can play it song after song....
Just got my hdc4 .s put in ..pretty nasty .. i need to do a subs forward port side box with more port area

I run 2 of the old AQ3500's on my HDC4. I have plenty of electrical.
Great to know, I definitely que'd in when you mentioned that earlier. Hopefully my 12 will fair as well as your 18.

It's yet to break any kind of sweat what-so-ever playing on my BXi2100 .5 ohm load. No voice coil smell what so ever.

Now it's more of a matter of running one Kicker ZX2500 or strapping the 2 Hifonics Amps together(for roughtly 4k). I have it in a 2 cu ft box tuned to 33hz and the output is now where near its max capabilities but the excursion is pretty crazy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.