Overall Comparison

Great to know, I definitely que'd in when you mentioned that earlier. Hopefully my 12 will fair as well as your 18.
It's yet to break any kind of sweat what-so-ever playing on my BXi2100 .5 ohm load. No voice coil smell what so ever.

Now it's more of a matter of running one Kicker ZX2500 or strapping the 2 Hifonics Amps together(for roughtly 4k). I have it in a 2 cu ft box tuned to 33hz and the output is now where near its max capabilities but the excursion is pretty crazy.
You have to learn to use some control when running WAY over RMS. Problem is that a single sub set up won't be loud enough to make you turn it down, so you can thermal the VC, or voltage drops and clips the sub to death.

Just be smart and if the sub starts getting stinky, then back it down a little...

You have to learn to use some control when running WAY over RMS. Problem is that a single sub set up won't be loud enough to make you turn it down, so you can thermal the VC, or voltage drops and clips the sub to death.
Just be smart and if the sub starts getting stinky, then back it down a little...
Man, you couldn't have said that any better!! That is the exact problem with a single sub set-up for a bass junky in a daily driving type set-up in which leaves you always wanting to turn it up.

I can't sacrifice the weight or trunk space for (2) HDC4s so I think I will sell it. It's going to be a toss up between (3) 10s or (2) 12's at this point. I just posted an thread asking for a bit of input. Thanks for that!

Man, you couldn't have said that any better!! That is the exact problem with a single sub set-up for a bass junky in a daily driving type set-up in which leaves you always wanting to turn it up.
I can't sacrifice the weight or trunk space for (2) HDC4s so I think I will sell it. It's going to be a toss up between (3) 10s or (2) 12's at this point. I just posted an thread asking for a bit of input. Thanks for that!
i got 2 hdc4 12.s and love em

How do they compare to yourdd's? Louder? Sound better? Worse?
I like the sound of the HDC4's. Run a single 18 daily and 18's in my demo set up. they're not bottom heavy subs, but have a nice tight/punchy sound. Perfect for the music I listen to...

I like the sound of the HDC4's. Run a single 18 daily and 18's in my demo set up. they're not bottom heavy subs, but have a nice tight/punchy sound. Perfect for the music I listen to...
What kind of music you listen to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.