Overall Comparison

Gona shoot for 50+ in this box
lol same here. i really should be there given the huge power increase, the recone, the deka's & electrical upgrades. another thing i could do is raise my box tuning up closer to my vehicles resin freq

Aq uses all the same ****** soft parts its never been a secret I have personally ran and has buddy's run more aq stuff than you will in your lifetime fact is the soft parts are super cheap just like the hdc3 stuff that's why the price is what it is I wouldn't mind to use their motors to build some subs but not their soft parts.
If you're constantly blowing subs you're doing something wrong. I've built/run as many AQ/DD set ups as anyone out there and have never had an issue. I've burped HDC3's on 2 3500's @.25 each with no issues.

Current trunk set up is a single 18 HDC4 doing 54.9 in the kick. Daily box built to play music. 2 3500's @ 1ohm daily, sub takes a beating.

I've seen guys blow subs over and over because of user error. I've reconed a ton of AQ's, lvl5's, sundowns, ect... ALL because of user error. There is NO magic sub out there...

If you're constantly blowing subs you're doing something wrong. I've built/run as many AQ/DD set ups as anyone out there and have never had an issue. I've burped HDC3's on 2 3500's @.25 each with no issues.
Current trunk set up is a single 18 HDC4 doing 54.9 in the kick. Daily box built to play music. 2 3500's @ 1ohm daily, sub takes a beating.

I've seen guys blow subs over and over because of user error. I've reconed a ton of AQ's, lvl5's, sundowns, ect... ALL because of user error. There is NO magic sub out there...
Your right aq is the **** on subs I mean when you order recones back to back for different customers same subs yet the recones aren't even built the same come on

Your right aq is the **** on subs I mean when you order recones back to back for different customers same subs yet the recones aren't even built the same come on
**** happens, roll with it. I've had one bad recone from them over the years. They took care of the issue right away.

Apparently you're an AQ hater, no biggie. GL with your B2 or Tantric subs. Saw some B2's blow at World Finals, luckily it wasn't you or you'd be bashing them next...

Again if you've blown that many of a sub figure out what you're doing wrong and fix the problem. If you're a serious competitor and pushing **** to the limit then you should realize blowing subs is all part of the game.

**** happens, roll with it. I've had one bad recone from them over the years. They took care of the issue right away.
Apparently you're an AQ hater, no biggie. GL with your B2 or Tantric subs. Saw some B2's blow at World Finals, luckily it wasn't you or you'd be bashing them next...

Again if you've blown that many of a sub figure out what you're doing wrong and fix the problem. If you're a serious competitor and pushing **** to the limit then you should realize blowing subs is all part of the game.
I hate their soft parts so that makes me a hater 8 subs reconed for customers not a single one built the same yep just roll with it get the **** out of here with that **** amps are good subs from what my experience is tossed together with whatever cheap **** they have laying around.

I hate their soft parts so that makes me a hater 8 subs reconed for customers not a single one built the same yep just roll with it get the **** out of here with that **** amps are good subs from what my experience is tossed together with whatever cheap **** they have laying around.
Cuz their soft parts are no diff then most out there. If you've reconed enough subs you'd know that. Alum recones are hand made, have NEVER seen an issue with any of those...

For the record:

AQ/SQ subs are made with the same industry standard raw parts as other TOP of the line subs built in Asia or assembled in the USA from Asian parts. Most subs sold today are made in Asia or assembled from mostly Asian parts.

In the past couple of years, suspension changes were made to the HDC-3 series to accomodate the applications of customers wanting to use much higher power then daily driving operation for competition "burps". When used properly and with correct break in procedures, these subs worked extremely well. The results are known from many competition wins and records as well as 1000's of satisfied customers who spread the word about the great value represented by AQ/SQ products.

When proper use and break in was not observed, applications where high comp power was used on a fresh sub or recone resulted in a few instances of over stressing the glue joints from the suspension being very very stiff. In those cases the spiders did not simply tear or fall apart, the suspension and former collars were literally ripped apart from high power bursts. We take a very close look at failure modes even under extreme competition conditions even when proper procedures are not followed. Over the past year we have made changes in the suspensions and basket designs to protect our endusers from them selves.

The type of fabric and resins used in our spiders is the same materials used in the highest quality high powered subs in other brands. AQ/SQ goes a step further in quality by using only double laminated cloth to increase long tern durability, then combining these double layer spiders for a given suspension stiffness.

Our coils are made with the highest temperature wire and adhesives available, the same as other TOP of the line spec brands. WE do not compromise on the quality of our construction.

Our business model is to provide the best products at the best value. We sell only factory direct, don't give special competitor discounts or have "factory reps" on every street cornor or dealers. Our prices are listed upfront on our website. This means we do not play favorites to "special" competitors, everyone gets the same Special deal. We provide recone parts at the best possible price to everyone. We can afford to use the best possible parts and production methods and still sell at VERY affordable prices because we don't offer discounts, have reps or dealers and seldom advertise. I would rather spend that money on the product and lower pricing.

We realize this policy of treating everyone the same resulted in jilted feelings from "special" people who feel they deserve special freebies. We have also been the target

of many brands forum bashing over the past 10 years in their self serving spread of mis-information. We offer the same high quality products as any quality oriented company but offer better value to our customers in our pricing and BECAUSE we treat them all the same.

So before you take anyones word for what really makes a high quality part, we invite you to compare our products, part for part, with anyone in the industry. The more you investigate, the more you will appreciate what AQ/SQ offers, and the unbeatable deal you will get.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true DJ. I received 2 SDC recones last week and they came with FREE styrofoam peanuts, so I got the special hook up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.