over powering speakers

as long as there is no clipping you should be fine.........even right now my t2 comp speakers are rated at 100rms and i have my amp set to 175rms at my normal listening volume and they take it like champs, the type r is obviously a little more rugged than a door speaker though..

a clean wave is everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have put bigger frame ground since there not ground for my alt i have a kenetic drycell in back they dont make a bigger alt for my car unless i spend like 700

...Hmm....

I have sent an 8" sub that is rated for 600rms over 1600rms(clamped) on many occasions and its still just as good as new. Ran it daily with over 1k for over a year and no problems.

And just because he wants to use a 2k amp, that dose not mean the subs will ever see that much power(1k each). I never hurts to have some extra head room.
Cant say that extra head rm doesnt hurt.I just stated my opinion, that I wouldnt recommend going beyond the rms rating, and I dont .Not all type r are going to handle that type of power for long periods of time /last imo, or any sub.Not all people do the big three,run 0ga supply, with 3 batterys, and an ho alternator, and a well generated voltage with a good amp supply holding @or above the 14.2v either,as some of us do.They may be getting a 1/3 of the power out of theyre amp stock with a small upgrade as most cant afford the wallet breaker.Yet, everyone has an opinion, and I stated mine, and recommended..thats all:D.OP will make his decision among all the recommendations.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have put bigger frame ground since there not ground for my alt i have a kenetic drycell in back they dont make a bigger alt for my car unless i spend like 700
just to make sure,

1. Big 3?

2. what model number dry cell in the rear?

3. you can run a ground from your alt to the bat ground if need be.

4. are your rear grounds to the chassis or just the frame

they are peddy things that make a world of difference.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

body not frame silly me.

Cant say that extra head rm doesnt hurt.I just stated my opinion, that I wouldnt recommend going beyond the rms rating, and I dont .Not all type r are going to handle that type of power for long periods of time /last imo, or any sub.Not all people do the big three,run 0ga supply, with 3 batterys, and an ho alternator, and a well generated voltage with a good amp supply holding @or above the 14.2v either,as some of us do.They may be getting a 1/3 of the power out of theyre amp stock with a small upgrade as most cant afford the wallet breaker.Yet, everyone has an opinion, and I stated mine, and recommended..thats all:D.OP will make his decision among all the recommendations.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I did not mean that in any bad or disrespectful way...

chasis ground in rear khc 1200 no i have not done big 3
It really should be done asap, and make sure your amps are chassis grounded also at the same point to help reduce interference.

I would also replace your wet cell battery up front and get another agm battery.

well when i asked shop to do it they said there is no alt ground and cant b one they said thats y i have a frame ground or something like that so i upgraded that wire so all i have to do is the power to the alt and then what else

well when i asked shop to do it they said there is no alt ground and cant b one they said thats y i have a frame ground or something like that so i upgraded that wire so all i have to do is the power to the alt and then what else
The alt grounds through the brackets and block.

Run a new ground from your batt ground to the chassis. Run another ground form the block to the chassis and run a new charge/power wire from the alt to the battery.

I recommend that you read the tutorial on the sticky of the big three, or even better yet,a much easier informative understanding on you-tube"Big 3 Upgrade", will help you as well.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.