over powering speakers

Well, you are already pushing your speakers to an extreme.I myself dont go beyond the rms rating,just to be safe, and help my wallet out a bit.I dont recommend putting any more power on those speakers.I cant believe they havent blown yet.I would look into a better made set of speakers to replace the ones you have now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Well, you are already pushing your speakers to an extreme.I myself dont go beyond the rms rating,just to be safe, and help my wallet out a bit.I dont recommend putting any more power on those speakers.I cant believe they havent blown yet.I would look into a better made set of speakers to replace the ones you have now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
WTF dude? U cant believe they 2 600wrms speakers didnt blow on 1000wrms? How you figure that????

Plus as said alot of ppl put more then 600 to them.

OP, if i was you. Ide shoot for a 1500wrms at ure ohm load, 750 each they wouldnt blow as long as u get a good amp. Maybe a MB quart 1500 or DB drive a3 1500.1 or if u have more cash to throw at it memphis/kicker/sundown/mmats/apline/AQ/DD

My jbl P1022 was 400wrms, and it didnt even get loud till 600wrms. Ran it at 720-750wrms and it never got warm, jammed it whole time on 3hr trips to htown en back

i havent even maxed out the rms so i shouldnt be close to blowing them
you have them put in a custom box for 1k rms, but you will be throwing 1k at each, therefore you might need a slightly smaller box, depending on what you want to do. might wanna check with one of the box designers on here to see if your current box will work with the power you wanna throw at them

Hmm....

I have sent an 8" sub that is rated for 600rms over 1600rms(clamped) on many occasions and its still just as good as new. Ran it daily with over 1k for over a year and no problems.

And just because he wants to use a 2k amp, that dose not mean the subs will ever see that much power(1k each). I never hurts to have some extra head room.

i have em tuned to 33 i havent got tested yet but i no its not as loud as what they can be
Well,I have a couple of questions for you.One:What type of Vehicle do you have? andTwo:What size subs are you using,and Ohms/coils.

I ask because,the sub box may not have been built properly for the Vehicles.Vehicle Air space to me is very important also,to determine what size subs I have chosen for myself, and for the air space I have to work with.Some people think that BIGGER is BETTER,say as to a 15 inch sub in a civic hatch, as to where a 12/10 may sound/perform much better.Ive just never gone over the RMS on any of my subs.Well, maybe a couple of them.Yet, Type of Vehicle, and size subs play a big roll in performance, and choosing the right supply(amp)

I would think 1.8 would work for 1k per sub....as that space is somewhat small for a 12.

I am sending 2k to my current 12 in 2 cubes with great results.

You could at least try it out and see how they react and how you like it. You can always build/have built a new box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.