Out of the game for 10 years. Looking to get back in.

Participant count
  • Participant list

PepsiFiend69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey all,

I used to frequent here a ton some time ago (hence the stupid user name) but stepped away from audio for awhile, looking to get back into it. I just picked up a new (to me) truck and I want to do a small stereo in it.

I'm going to build slowly as I don't quite have the disposable income I had 10 years ago in high school.

So the truck is an 08 f150 super cab, ideally I'd like, And am looking for recommendations (again I've been out of it for awhile, have no idea what's even out there, go easy on me please)

-double din HU. I don't need some crazy media center or even NAV. I'm looking for something with 2 pre-outs at least, aux/iPhone conectabilty, a decent Eq, and backup camera input would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

-8" sub that'll do well in a tiny sealed box. I've been there-done that with loud (I used to have an SX 18" in 6.5' ported) I'm just looking for decent sound and I listen to a variety of music, I want to be able to put everything under the rear seat

-Mono block or a 4 channel I can bridge to power sub and that later on down the line mids.

That's it for the first "phase" just to get my feet wet again, and then I'll start toying around with the front stage eventually.

As budget friendly as possible. I've already been looking around at subs the Image dynamics ID8 caught my eye because it doesn't need a ton of power and it seems like a lot of people have good stuff to say about it. I'm not trying to win SQ contests or shake the **** out of everything, good well rounded sound is what I'm after

TIA and go easy. It's been awhile

Hey all,
I used to frequent here a ton some time ago (hence the stupid user name) but stepped away from audio for awhile, looking to get back into it. I just picked up a new (to me) truck and I want to do a small stereo in it.

I'm going to build slowly as I don't quite have the disposable income I had 10 years ago in high school.

So the truck is an 08 f150 super cab, ideally I'd like, And am looking for recommendations (again I've been out of it for awhile, have no idea what's even out there, go easy on me please)

-double din HU. I don't need some crazy media center or even NAV. I'm looking for something with 2 pre-outs at least, aux/iPhone conectabilty, a decent Eq, and backup camera input would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

-8" sub that'll do well in a tiny sealed box. I've been there-done that with loud (I used to have an SX 18" in 6.5' ported) I'm just looking for decent sound and I listen to a variety of music, I want to be able to put everything under the rear seat

-Mono block or a 4 channel I can bridge to power sub and that later on down the line mids.

That's it for the first "phase" just to get my feet wet again, and then I'll start toying around with the front stage eventually.

As budget friendly as possible. I've already been looking around at subs the Image dynamics ID8 caught my eye because it doesn't need a ton of power and it seems like a lot of people have good stuff to say about it. I'm not trying to win SQ contests or shake the **** out of everything, good well rounded sound is what I'm after

TIA and go easy. It's been awhile
10 years... wow. I will try and do the best i can but you probobly havent heard of some of these brands

Here are some options you may like..

Sundown Audio SA-8V.3D2 500 Watts 8" Dual 2 Ohm Car Stereo Subwoofer

Sundown audio is one of the big boys nowadays. They get down and play clean.

JL AUDIO 8W7AE-3

If you can afford JL, then do it. These are more SQ than sundown and get louder.

If your on a really tight budget then i would go with these.

ROCKFORD FOSGATE P2D2-8 8" Punch P2 500 Watt 2-Ohm DVC Car Audio Subwoofer P2D28

Rockford fosgate is normally a high end SQ competitor but these sound good for a low price. Honestly i would go with these over image dynamics

For an amp, they make 5 channel amps nowadays. 4 channels are for mids and highs. The 5th one powers the sub. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014XQ6BLI/ref=psdcmw_10980761_t1_B00BF6HXA8)

For a head unit you may like this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B6LRXUG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480476883&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=double+din&dpPl=1&dpID=51YaI1BHL3L&ref=plSrch) no backup camera but has the other features you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.