Orlando & Other Local Builders!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ALombardi

I need a custom box.

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ideally made from 3/4"

NOT ported. Carpeted to match the light gray of the interior.

This is my idea....

SpeakerBox_1.jpg

SpeakerBox_2.jpg

I could use some info as far as if its even possible based on the measurements I gave.

Any input from other is appreciated. Don't be annoying. I'm SERIOUSLY looking for someone who knows what they are doing and can show other work.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif:veryhapp://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

go to the rockford fosgate site click on your speaker, then again on the box wizard and it will give you the ideal specks for your sub. Type in the dementions of the box you want and see the difference

But like I said before, I need a fully custom. Their suggested everything is 150-500 watts to each sub

I plan on doing 750-800 for the norm.

They suggested 1.09 cubic ft for a sealed box which seems small?

14 Height, 10 Depth, 13 Width Seemed the "default" suggestion.

Mine will probably be more along the lines of 14 Height, 8-11 Depth depending on how I mount the amp, and about 43-44 Length to scale my entire cab so things sit flush. If you look at the pictures/drawings you'll have an idea.

And I may have a double box like shown in my picture with the amp behind the subs...

I may need to draw up more ideas tonight to maximize my possible cu ft. and mount my amp a certain way. I think I have an idea as to how I want to do it.

use the box wizard; it DOES give you the power to custom size your box. Get volume for each box then x2, why do you think RF doesn't know the ideal volume for box?

I mean double the lenght. I used the outside diamiter option and 3/4 mdf for 2 12" for a double wedge box. I tpye in the H 1 and H2; L1 and L2 and the W - try to match ideal volume then double W for 2 subs

OK, I just went to RF site for your sub. click on that, then "new box advisor" then follow..... your sub wants 1.9^3ft. No way you are getting 2 of them in those dementions you want. good luck though

Rockford Fosgate -

1.094 Target cubic ft

H-14

W-19.25

D-10

Box is 1.0 cubic feet.

The woofer displaces .094

That means if I want to do 2 woofers I need .188 of woofer displacement to worry about.

2 + .188 = 2.188

With the measurements I plan on doing, externally, I will have:

H - 13.75

W - 43.5

D1 (bottom) - 10.5

D2 (top) - 7

I get 2.25 cubic feet.

Subtract the .118

I’m left with 2.062 which is more than what is asked for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.