Orion hcca 10's, enclosure suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list
they love space...for spl only, orion strongly advises against a big box for daily, if i rmember correctly 2.4 cubes for the new gen hcca 10's for spl and 1.8 for daily, and they like low tuning orione seemed to want ppl to keep the tuning at 31 in most applications

Right on, thanks. I'll probably be building this next week. so this is an spl only sub?
Not at all, it can dig quite low. I think of "spl only" as a high fs sub with a ton of motor force made just to burp loudly. The HCCA can slam down low in the right box.

I'll you know how this turns out. Being driven my a rockford bd1000 i dont they'll reach full potential. We'll see.

I'll you know how this turns out. Being driven my a rockford bd1000 i dont they'll reach full potential. We'll see.
Definitely not with just 1kw going to the pair. Unless you plan on upgrading to at least 3kw for the pair, I'd up box size to 4ft^3.

I would just run 1 on 1k... I had 1 12 on 1800 (my electrical wasnt that great though, so probably closer to 1200), and it wanted much more power! I think you would like 1 on the 1k, rather than 2. Or less you plan on upgrading... Some people have ran around 2500 watts daily on them.

Well going to do just one, considering it's going in a little hatchback honda, for weight purposes. So you guys are saying 2cu/ft? I have the space so I'll probably end up doing that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.