Comments/Recommendations on this CUSTOM DESIGN?? Help Please

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all,

I am designing a custom sub box (for a 10") that will be strapped in on the middle seat of the rear bench seat (Crew Cab pickup), I was having a play around on AutoDesk Inventor and came up with this...

(SCROLL DOWN FOR IMG)

(For now I'll just focus on the sub hole, but the other holes are cupholders and the other ones are for 4" speakers)

I redesigned it to make it smaller and for it to have an armrest / cover 2" above the woofer but was wondering if this could make it sound bad (sound waves hitting the cover and cancelling the other waves out??) I tried doing a bit of research but couldn't find much, so could I PLEASE get our guy's opinions/facts on what effects this would have, here is a quick picture of my redesign ( i have left out the rest of the box, not important for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

(SCROLL DOWN FOR IMG)

THANKS in advance for your suggestions/help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

General Idea

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

Box with armrest / cover (there is 2" between top of box and bottom of cover)

SUBBOXa.jpg

SUBBOXb.jpg

Thanks guys, and yea the main design is all volume for the woofer, and then im enclosing the 2 4" mid's, should i separate them as well or can they share airspace?

What thickness would you recommend for the MDF? I designed it with 3/4" but was wondering if that wasn't an over kill for such a small woofer/box (10", and internal volume is less than a cubic foot.)

Meh I like your design. I'd stick with 3/4 mdf if you have the room, its just easier to work with haveing enough room for error when nailing/screwing and durability and minimal flex. I think it will look cooler with the sub on top covered thats a pretty neet idea. Plus as much as the cups will shake in the cup holder you might as well reduce the whole vibration a little with the thicker 3/4 mdf.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.