Orange Mojo 12, recone or sell?

Your such a troll. Look at the first&second pic you tard. Does it not look like someone has cut a large square to view inside. DUH.
Why would someone cut the cone to view inside when you can see the same thing by flipping the sub ovee? Lol

You cant see the voice coil, you have no idea what youre talking about just like jeff said.

After doing some searching around the forum on a recone, it looks like my options are:

Corey Dean aka SPL Audio, which I have not been able to get a response from

Ultra Audio (is this "Lazarus Ultra-audio Robinson"?)

David Moore aka TeamPSI

David Leib aka FLAStrongman

If I am looking for something relatively budget friendly and not trying to build a masterpiece, does anyone have a strong reason which of these guys I should/shouldn't use?

I am not planning on topping 800 watts, but want to make sure that I have enough sub to keep away from any distortion or blowing a surround/voice coil. That being said, I think I can get into a pretty solid 12 that would fit the bill for the $200ish range. I like the idea of reconing for sheer curiosity's sake, so if that could be done for less than $150, I would head that direction. My prices and expectations may be all wrong, so feel free to call me out for being ignorant.

I have not gone out to all of these guys with quotes yet, that is on the to do list for the next couple of days.

Looks like a beefy motor, and sturdy body.

(I'm not familiar with this brand so correct me wrong)

I would take it apart and build a custom cone on it just for the heck of it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am not planning on topping 800 watts, but want to make sure that I have enough sub to keep away from any distortion or blowing a surround/voice coil. That being said, I think I can get into a pretty solid 12 that would fit the bill for the $200ish range. I like the idea of reconing for sheer curiosity's sake, so if that could be done for less than $150, I would head that direction. My prices and expectations may be all wrong, so feel free to call me out for being ignorant. I have not gone out to all of these guys with quotes yet, that is on the to do list for the next couple of days.
Cone = 20$

Coil = 30-60$

Spider(s) 15-20$

Go for it!

I ended up getting some quotes back and went Corey from SPLAudio. It was on the upper end of what I was hoping for but I'm really excited to see how it comes back. I know it's not real without pictures, so I'll send an update when I get it back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.