Optimum enclosure size formula?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Anyone ever used this to build boxes before?
Did it for an Xcon 15(test sample) and got 3.85 cubic feet tuned to 28.7hz

While an hdc4 18 gave me whack @ss numbers like 2.4 cubic feet

Optimum enclosure and port tuning formula
Lol this is why I research people with exp of a particular sub and go from that. For example. My box for my Hd15 is to big for the power I'm running to the sub. Mines probably 4.25-4.5 after I rechecked my sketch up of it. I have a friend thats kinda of local. Hes been running AB since I've known him and he said rebuild and go 3.5 net and tune around 36hz. That's what I plan to do if I don't get a bigger sub. I've tried to do what your doing but said f*it

Lol this is why I research people with exp of a particular sub and go from that. For example. My box for my Hd15 is to big for the power I'm running to the sub. Mines probably 4.25-4.5 after I rechecked my sketch up of it. I have a friend thats kinda of local. Hes been running AB since I've known him and he said rebuild and go 3.5 net and tune around 36hz. That's what I plan to do if I don't get a bigger sub. I've tried to do what your doing but said f*it
yeah best results are from testing and modifying enclosure/port specs, box placement+location and orientation. Something i'm gonna delve into now. Getting rid of my 3rd row seats and getting rid of everything Starting fresh Might do a C pillar wall.

yeah best results are from testing and modifying enclosure/port specs, box placement+location and orientation. Something i'm gonna delve into now. Getting rid of my 3rd row seats and getting rid of everything Starting fresh Might do a C pillar wall.
Nice... I'm still undecided on what I want vehicle whise. I can't make up my mind smh... I know it sounds dumb and some ppl say no, but I want a PT cruiser lol... I'm not worried about other opinions lol. I like them. I think it could be a decently loud little daily driver. Also meter decently loud when I go to the occasional show and decide to compete. I figure 1-15 on 3k would get pretty rowdy in it

try bass box pro.. to get best results you have to measure your vehicle cabin area and input it as well. It's not perfect of course but it's been pretty spot on for me. It just takes a very long time to set up accurately for your vehicle.

Basic stuff in it is done pretty quickly though.

Nice... I'm still undecided on what I want vehicle whise. I can't make up my mind smh... I know it sounds dumb and some ppl say no, but I want a PT cruiser lol... I'm not worried about other opinions lol. I like them. I think it could be a decently loud little daily driver. Also meter decently loud when I go to the occasional show and decide to compete. I figure 1-15 on 3k would get pretty rowdy in it
I bet you get pretty loud in a PT... a single 15 on 3k would probably do pretty well I'd say

I bet you get pretty loud in a PT... a single 15 on 3k would probably do pretty well I'd say
That's what I think. I could do 1-15 and only need some hatch space and keep the back seats(I need them I have a 2yr old lol)... The only down fall is the Alt location, though it comes with a decent size stock Alt at 120amps. That will be OK until I got a HO Alt. My Honda Alt is 80a and I only have one extra batt right now. It's drops pretty bad at full tilt but the extra battery is like 6yrs old so I'm sure it's on its last life as it is lol. I'll probably replace it soon. I was looking at boomsday's Sprinter 165ah batteries. I'll probably grab one from him next week

try bass box pro.. to get best results you have to measure your vehicle cabin area and input it as well. It's not perfect of course but it's been pretty spot on for me. It just takes a very long time to set up accurately for your vehicle.Basic stuff in it is done pretty quickly though.
I already have it. Dont really like it that much. Not that loud to be honest. I went against their recommendations and got a lot louder and did not lose much bandwidth if any at all.

Most of the "conventional wisdom" as far as box design goes out the window when you're buying SPL oriented woofers, or off-the-shelf Chinese junk that's primarily designed to withstand a ton of power and get really loud in a very small bandwidth.

Much of the stuff people around here salivate over can't be forced to sound good if you actually had to throw things on an RTA.

Most of the "conventional wisdom" as far as box design goes out the window when you're buying SPL oriented woofers, or off-the-shelf Chinese junk that's primarily designed to withstand a ton of power and get really loud in a very small bandwidth.
Much of the stuff people around here salivate over can't be forced to sound good if you actually had to throw things on an RTA.
To be fair..

Charles hanley did win MECA nationals and scored highest on RTA with a sundownn zv4.

To be fair..
Charles hanley did win MECA nationals and scored highest on RTA with a sundownn zv4.
And DD-Z and Kicker SOLO X have won SQ competitions. Any of them would be laughed out of a serious home or pro audio discussion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.