need help picking dsp or hu

Participant count
  • Participant list

heyhi1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
Im on a budget right now and idk if i should get a 5800 pioneer head unit wich has a good bluetooth that i need becuase im using a external bluetooth for talking, its also 2 way active, has hd radio and 4 v outs 13 band eq android ready,

The radio i have now is a cheap 2 v out ,no bluetooth ,9 band eq, time alignment pioneer 1400dvd

My speakers as of now are morel maximo becuase im waiting to get a good deal on hertx xl. I dont mind waiting few months or more.

Would going active with the hertz be good enough off the hu and amp or will the ppi dsp give me so much better sound that i should stick with a shity head unit. ?

If i go dsp id have to run the wire from dsp to the remote in the front so i need to decide before i wire every thing.

If you are only stopping at 2 way active front + subwoofer, Get the head unit. If you plan on doing a 3 way active front stage + subwoofer later on, get the DSP. Its just that simple. Future proof yourself. I thought I was fine with a pioneer 80 prs but its completely limited in its capabilities in comparison to the harmony dsp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.