Opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

oTurtlez
10+ year member

So I recently purchased my first four channel from a member on the forum to amp my door speakers, and though it's nothing too too special power wise, it's a start. Tis a Precision Power PPI BK 340.4 that does 55w RMS x 4 @ 4Ohms and 85w x 4 @ 2Ohms. My question is, what's a good set of components, for around $100 a pair, that will get the job done? I was looking at some Alpine SPS-610C's but didn't like them because they didnt have the external xover, it was built in. I'm having a tough time finding a decent set of 6 3/4's that are both in my budget, and are decent in performance. I then found some Pioneer TS-D1720C's but the tweeter is too large to fit in the factory location, and I don't feel like hacking up my A Pillar to get it to fit right. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR

I need a nice set of 6 3/4's with 1" tweets, preferably with external passive xovers that'll pair well with my PPI 340.4.

good luck finding them new ,may find some used ones in your budget, most components sets with a tweeter that small are usually 150 + pretty easy ,but if you went up to that budget it will open up a lot of options for you .

good luck finding them new ,may find some used ones in your budget, most components sets with a tweeter that small are usually 150 + pretty easy ,but if you went up to that budget it will open up a lot of options for you .
Any brands you can recommend for a nice set? I could always just do front stage for now, rear stage later. I know next to nothing about door speakers, I've only dealt with subs mainly thus far. Highschoolers like myself usually like to be loud, not sound good while doing it :p

Any brands you can recommend for a nice set? I could always just do front stage for now, rear stage later. I know next to nothing about door speakers, I've only dealt with subs mainly thus far. Highschoolers like myself usually like to be loud, not sound good while doing it :p
yea i can ,also focus more on the frt stage than the rear mids or 2 ways in the rear are just fine ,you dont want the rears to over power the frt .pm coming

An onboard crossover is a good thing on a speaker set of that price. There aren't many components on a passive crossover for an entry level set, so fitting the parts on the speakers makes sense. The same feature is found on a set of Diamond Audio convertibles I have on hand, the TX65V set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.