opinions

KARLEON
10+ year member

Livin' Legend
Well, my mind is pretty made up, im going to compete in the local competition coming up. I will be running my dual Magnum 12s powered by my tsunami 1800T in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to about 29hz. Now i know some people usually tune higher for more spl, but since this is my daily set up, i wanted it to be clear. Well i was wondering how good do you guys think i will do? Or do i need to end up building me another competiton box for those subs and just use my daily enclosure for daily use. I really have no clue on what im doing. I just wanna go and have fun basically, but wanted to get an idea on how good i will be before i went. Any comments would be appreciated

Should do pretty decently, just go and have fun, see what numbers you put up, and hey, don't get too down if the numbers are a little on the low side. 29 Hz is very low, but I would think you should do decently with the equipment you have.

Should do pretty decently, just go and have fun, see what numbers you put up, and hey, don't get too down if the numbers are a little on the low side. 29 Hz is very low, but I would think you should do decently with the equipment you have.
Yea, im going to go ahead and go and have fun. I just want to do good, but i know i dont have the right box. I might go and buy some more wood and build me another box for any other comp. coming up. Well, thanks for the comment. Anymore out there?

Yea, im going to go ahead and go and have fun. I just want to do good, but i know i dont have the right box. I might go and buy some more wood and build me another box for any other comp. coming up. Well, thanks for the comment. Anymore out there?
Thats cool man, thats what its all about. What sanctioning body is hosting the comp? I cant really guess your spl, but i would say low 140's high 130's. Just look at it as a starting point, and work from there. Do you have both of them in 2 cubes ported, or just one?

Since he said a 2 ft^3 enclosure tuned to 29 Hz, I'm guessing they're both in that 2 ft^3 enclosure ...
I'd say mid-130s, but it does depend on a lot of factors ...
the subs is seeing about 2 cubes a piece...wow, that low? I really really need to build me a comp. box

I tried to use my daily box for comp and I was just getting tired of doing low 140's. Yeah I had fun, but watching everyone else but me win was getting old fast. Now I am going to build a comp box and a daily box.

If you need more help, let me know.

I tried to use my daily box for comp and I was just getting tired of doing low 140's. Yeah I had fun, but watching everyone else but me win was getting old fast. Now I am going to build a comp box and a daily box.
If you need more help, let me know.
Yea, im going to need alot more help, seeing that i dont know much about competitions. Oh and i have been getting lots of complements on the box you help me design. So when ever you get a chance, PM me or shoot me an email at Primetime186@aol.com and we can talk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.